A-17 Broadsword Model Released

Well, this model isn't my finest work, and I did do it rather rushed, so I can see about a million things I would like to change already... But here are the test shots of the final mesh. If Tolwyn would like to put it up for download on his WC3D site, I have no problems with it being freely distributed. Other than that you can get a copy in lightwave format from myself if you send me an e-mail through the CZ. Enjoy.

Broadsword01.jpg

Broadsword02.jpg

Broadsword03.jpg

Yeah, I used that pic as part of my reference. LOL. It's not an exact copy of the wc2 broadsword, but more of an adaptation... like what wcatv did to it. I took a little artistic liscence with it...

Originally posted by zohrath_1
Good work, but it needs more color.

Well, there wasn't much color on the ships in the movie. I'd recommend adding decals and the like, rather than coloring the hull itself.

I agree with Weasel. It's lacking decals, mostly... but of course, giving a few areas of the hull a different hue could help. (Don't paint the entire thing in vivid WC2-like colors, though, I think it wouldn't go well with the design modifications you've made.)

--Eder

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
Well, this model isn't my finest work, and I did do it rather rushed, so I can see about a million things I would like to change already...
Wow. Schweeeet!. Good job.

I haven't played thru much of WC1 (I started on WC3, & have gotten thru that and WC4, but have only limited experience in the other games), but I didn't realize that the wings were so.."upswept" from the fuselage. Is this right? It seems so...out of place.

Kinda reminds me of that one Privateer fighter (forgot the name) that has the nose/cockpit of the vehicle so.."downswept" from the wings & the rest of the fuselage. What's up with that?...Seems it would look kinda funny sitting on the launch deck with a shape like that...

Originally posted by Preacher
I haven't played thru much of WC1 (I started on WC3, & have gotten thru that and WC4, but have only limited experience in the other games), but I didn't realize that the wings were so.."upswept" from the fuselage. Is this right? It seems so...out of place.

Wow, where can I find a copy of Wing Commander 1 with a Broadsword in it!

Or more likely that they didn't bother painting it at all [at least not as much as in the first few games]. Always wondered where Confed got all the green paint. :)

ok, where is the mesh? I WANT IT NOW :D

btw, I can't mail you, cause the Mail Function of the CZ was disabled :(

where are the side turrets?

LOL, This was based on all of the broadswords, ranging from WC2, Privateer, and also less extensively WCATV. The Broadswords in Priv lost their side turrets, so I guess it's that version... what is that; the A-17E?

It was truthfully just a design problem I was having. It wasn't working with the side turrets, looked all wierd. But, in the future I'm going to put a little more work on the mesh fix some of the things that seem to be bothering people, and maybe adding some features... it'll be Corsair's Broadsword.... version 2.:D

Back