2650 Landreich Sector Map

BradMick

Vice Admiral
So, this is where i'm at right now on the new map. After speaking with LOAF, he informed me that the Landreich is way smaller in 2650 than it is on the 2681 version of the map in the CIC universe map file. 8 systems including Landreich, Tara, and Hell Hole. So, this is my version of it. Nothing 'wow' or 'spectacular' but shows where you'll be able to go, and who's flag it'll be under. Also, if anyone thinks anything is a bit...off with this interpretation, lemme know!

landreich_sector_map_2650.jpg

and while i'm at it, here's a concept of the Landreich system. Blue is the cap, the grey are....well, dunno yet. Could be a mars world, could be a gas giant. The jump points are stationed at La Grange points, hence the planets and their positions. As the game time progresses, the planets will actually move around in their orbits, thus changing the jump arrival positions. distances will be realistic, using our solar system as the model. this is in no way final, and there is more to add yet. But, its a start, and there are many more to go. So, let us know what you think!

Landreich_System.jpg

We might want to open up some systems in the quadrant directly 'north' of the Landriech just so we have as many 'friendly' systems to visit as the original privateer.

I'm going to have to disagree there. The map is as the map is. We're not going to add additional jump points. If it takes a little longer to get where you're goin, then it does. But we're not going to add addiontal jump points where there are none.

Just a suggestion, if you're truly using our solar system as a model, our planetary orbits are ellipses, not direct circles, which is what gives them seasons, just a suggestion for you.

Heheh, thanks. In the final versions, the planets will have true, realistic orbits, and distances will be more accurately depicted. Ellipsoidal orbits will be shown, i was just going for way quick and simple on this deal.

Hey, what is that system in the upper-right quadrant that has over a dozen jump lines into it? Also, what connects to those jump lines that lead off the map?

That would be Vordran, and though the nave points for those jump locations will be there, those jumps will not be. They connect to points back in the empire.

Seems pretty accurate to me, but I'm worried it might be a little too small for an open ended game (about 15 friendly systems or so?)... how many bases do you think you guys are gonna add to each system? Privateer levels, or Elite III levels? :p

Well, if the system has a big belt ring, thent here will be a crapload of asteroid bases there. mining bases, refineries on its outskirts. gas planets will have refineries. it'll be pretty much like Privateer, maybe a little more scaled up though.

Well, another reason for choosing the Landreich, besides it being a location only touched on in the novels, is that it is also way more manageable than, say...enigma, or vega, or another largely populated region. Basically, everysystem is being done 'by hand'. Having to do that for double the systems would turn this into an excercise in how long I could go until I slit something, or started babbling more incoherently than i already do, heheh...well, maybe not that bad, But you get the idea.

There will be plenty of locales to visit. Have no fear there. It's a largely frontier area, sparsely populated. Lots of stations seems in order i'd think. Have no fear, we won't leave folks all in the lurch.

BradMick said:
It's a largely frontier area, sparsely populated. Lots of stations seems in order i'd think. Have no fear, we won't leave folks all in the lurch.

Looks good.

Hummm? :confused: If Something is sparsely populated I wouldn’t think that would mean there are a lot of bases.:D

I idea. Anything beyond one or two jumps inside the Kilrathi border should be invisible and thus unknown and waiting to be explored and mapped.

BradMick said:
Well, another reason for choosing the Landreich, besides it being a location only touched on in the novels, is that it is also way more manageable than, say...enigma, or vega, or another largely populated region. Basically, everysystem is being done 'by hand'. Having to do that for double the systems would turn this into an excercise in how long I could go until I slit something, or started babbling more incoherently than i already do, heheh...well, maybe not that bad, But you get the idea.

There will be plenty of locales to visit. Have no fear there. It's a largely frontier area, sparsely populated. Lots of stations seems in order i'd think. Have no fear, we won't leave folks all in the lurch.

This reminds of I-War 2 in the level of detail. You can have a small world, but lots of detail that easily makes up for lots of mass.

As long as there are at least a hundred friendly bases to land at, I don't think that having only fifteen to eighteen friendly systems will be a problem. A few pirate bases and two or three Kilrathi smuggler bases in Kilrathi space would be neat too (like the smuggler's base in Action Stations--you could try running cargo to and from them to sell the cats human luxury goods and buy Kilrathi luxury goods to sell back home).

What's that you say? A smuggler's....base? That both Cats and Apes visit? No, No.... We'd NEVER do something like that...hem. Nope, never. Even if we were doing something like that....well, we just wouldn't do it. :p
Okay. That's outta the way. Yes. Don't go looking for it either. It's not out there. Nope. And it's certainly not near anything you might think it might be near, having read the books.

Back