1.0pre5 hit the shelves

hellcatv

Swabbie
Banned
same location, different name (increment the 4 to a 5) toss me a message if you don't know where...

this one features the all powerful screenshot key and a number of bug fixes...
hopefully that map-crashing bug on jump to pentonville is gone for good (I don't see how it won't be) couple of other small fixes...gotta run here
lates

Remember 'i' is for "imaging" i.e. take a screenshot and there's a new link to the screenshots folder

Can I mirror the release on my server? (the fast one, not the one I put the patches on). Would probably make everyone's life easier...

The reason we aren't linking to it publicly is not due to limited bandwidth or lack of a server, we just don't want the pre-release to be available to everybody.

Let me know when you do, then. I'll keep working if I can. I integrated the drayman docking thingy with what was already there, in the meantime, I'd like to release it bug-free so I'd like to know where that stuff is in the code... sorry for being nosy but I'm trying to help, I like this game and want it to work right.

download 0.9

Does it make sense to download 0.9b now (and beta-test) or to wait a little (and use your bandwidth - as mentioned within "downloads" - for 1.0 later)?

David

depends...if you only have bandwidth to download one thing then wait...
if you e-mail privater *atsign gmail.com then ask for the 1.0 pre testing version then do that
*atsign =@

I started over as suggested, nothing to report on that YET, but when I had one of my saved games loaded, when I went to the Nav map, there was nothing except the system I was in, and it kept saying it was Castor. Funny thing to call New Detroit, Perry, and New Constantinople. So I went to buy nav maps. No change.

Soon as I get enough money in the new game to get some, I'll try it.

CYA!

So far in the new pre5 game, the Nav map shows discovered systems, like .09. I'll buy some maps in the next couple of days, should be O.K. though. I'll also load up one of the old savegames, buy some maps, save it, shut down, restart, and see what that does.

CYA!

Back