“Spider-Man 3” spoilers thread. *major spoilers*

Ace Rimmer

Spaceman
I was watching the new trailer when I noticed a slightly longer version of a scene that was in the teaser and I was wondering if anybody else thought that the explosion was lethal, I mean, does anyone think he could survive something like that?

willhelive.jpg

Why are there two Spiderman trailer threads?

Also, I'm reasonably sure that Spiderman doesn't die.

Well, I don't know if you'd label him the Second Green Goblin. It seems more likely that it's just Harry Osborne using his father's weaponry and not Harry donning his father's alter-ego.

And yes, Spidey could survive that. There was a very similar moment in the end of the first Spider-Man movie.

Might just be me, but that looks like Harry, not Peter, taking the explosion, as it's Peter throwing the "grenade". At least, it looks that way to me.

Yeah, that's definitely Harry getting blown up. I agree with LeHah that Harry seems to just be using his father's weaponry in the trailer, even though he did become the second Green Goblin in the comics and cartoon series.

Harry seems to just be using his father's weaponry in the trailer, even though he did become the second Green Goblin in the comics and cartoon series.

The movies seem to constantly glean from the comics. For instance, the arguement between Harry and his father in Spider-Man 2 is very similar to many scenes from the Spectacular Spider-Man "Child Within" storyline.

I think they risk a lot by not perfectly following the comic book storylines to the letter. That said, I think both of the spider-man movies thusfar have been monumental successes.

I look forward to seeing what happens with gwen stacy in particular, since the way she died in amazing spiderman has already happened... only with maryjane... and she didn't die...

And who can forget the return of Bruce Campbell... I can't wait to see if the rumors are true about him being mysterio. Not my favorite villian, but if his cameos in both of the movies thus far were deliberately leading up to it then Sam Raimi gets major kudos.

I think they risk a lot by not perfectly following the comic book storylines to the letter.

More like they risk a lot by not telling a good story, especially one that's faithful to the basic concepts behind Spidey. By slavishly following the comic book story lines, they are at a far greater risk of appealing only or primarily to the diehard comic fans, which in general tend to be a relatively small portion of the general movie going audience.

Major motion picture studios make movies for the purpose of making money, and catering primarily or entirely to a small portion of the target audience isn't generally considered a way of making money.

(On the other hand, there is the treatment of the official background in 2005's Fantastic Four... :p )

I think they risk a lot by not perfectly following the comic book storylines to the letter.

The last thing I ever want to see is a play-by-play redux of a comic book. You'd have more uproar over someone trying that then someone simply making another comic book movie.

Take for instance Spider-Man 2 versus the still forthcoming Watchmen (which has been in development hell since 1989). People really wanted another great Spider-Man movie - but no one said it had to be Amazing Spider-Man #3.

Yet every comic fan and their uncle is in an uproar over someone attempting to adapt Watchmen for the big screen. (Various reasons abound - from Terry Gilliam attempting twice before saying it couldn't be done outside of a miniseries format to the fact that they have voiceactor-cum-screenwriter David Hayter working on the adaptation).

Take for instance Spider-Man 2 versus the still forthcoming Watchmen (which has been in development hell since 1989). People really wanted another great Spider-Man movie - but no one said it had to be Amazing Spider-Man #3.

This is a spoiler thread, so I guess threre's not spoiler issue here.

The thing that bothers me about Watchman is that the alien thing will become something completely different, but I suppose it can still work.

At first, I was bothered that Spider man generated the web biologically like a real spider, but now I think it's a good idea.

The thing that bothers me about Watchman is that the alien thing will become something completely different, but I suppose it can still work.

That IS a spoiler. You should tag it as such, please.

As for why I disagree with you

The reason that they changed the end of the story was due to the attacks on 9/11. While I guess I can understand that several city blocks in NY exploding violently and killing everyone surrounding Madison Square Garden as being a bit too touchy - the fact that it's from a teleporting alien kind of distances the two ideas.

As usual, Alan Moore said he has nothing to do with the production, which is a good sign that he's unwilling to sully his hands with being involved. I do think the comic is a great peice of work, so I'm very warry of the script being "jazzed up" by Hollywood types

Back