would you?

Twister

Spaceman
i need your opinion on something..

here in holland WCPG is extremly hard to find, (i own all the games, incl, secret ops, but i miss WCPG) now there's a gamepack in stores now selling Alpha centary, Red Alert, and WCPG, but it's all just discs, no booklets, no manual, no nothing, and it's about half the price of a normal CD-Rom.

would you buy it just for WC:SO, even tho you already have it but not on disc and no book or box?

oh yeah and the manuals are NOT on the disc in what form ever.

[Edited by Twister on 03-10-2001 at 10:07]

Well I was in the same situation. It was with WC4. Also a package and also just the manual which had to be given..installation etc. Everything concerning the story (pilot manual, history manual) was not packed by. I was really angry. So if you really have them (P. and SO) I wouldn't buy it if I were you.

In Portugal I have the same problem. It´s almost impossible to find any Wing Commander products, so when I found WC:p in a litlle software shop I was very, very happy. The problem was, it had no manuals or maps, only a stupid little book with the keys. But hey, better that than nothing. IMHO, If you already have the manuals from the WC:p, you should buy the WCPG. I would.

Okay, just a remark to my last post: If I would like to have the other games, then I would buy it. But I just bought my package because of WC4, the other 3 games I never played and so I was really disappointd to find it incomplete.

Originally posted by Shooter
In Portugal I have the same problem. It´s almost impossible to find any Wing Commander products, so when I found WC:p in a litlle software shop I was very, very happy. The problem was, it had no manuals or maps, only a stupid little book with the keys. But hey, better that than nothing. IMHO, If you already have the manuals from the WC:p, you should buy the WCPG. I would.

There was one WC P in a self for a long time (its no longer there) in Jumbo of alfragide.
I dont know if WCP G was released in here.

Twister, I understand your need to get the manuals and all, as indeed all true respected WC fans should get complete games...

BUT, in that package you also get two great games that are Red Alert and Alpha Centauri...
If you like RTS and Strategy games, throw yourself at it!!

Otherwise, the other best solution, it's been said, is to check on eBay for WC products...

With luck, you can find WCP brand new for less than $10.00!! I know it's going to be annoying if you live in Holland, but the guy I bought it from, had some kind of international shipping card, which made the shipment to Canada cost only $6.00...
To Europe I assume it'll be somewhere around $12.00 with the card, so check on eBay for this guy named "jaeoh" and if you're lucky... :)

Hey Dragon, I'm not living in our nation capital... Not even close. 400 klicks to be precise. And I bought WC:p in Porto...

Its hard to find games even in here before Vobis and FNAC show up (Virgin Megastore is now dead), I got my WC P copy for a small store that imported a lot of game.
I got the map in my copy because it was imported from england because the WC P first prints had the 2 CD damaged, the store imported the game (I had pre order it) to replace the damaged ones that they sold.

Originally posted by Dragon
It's hard to find games even in here before Vobis and FNAC show up (Virgin Megastore is now dead)...

WOW!! FNAC is in Portugal too?!!!

Paris is just FULL of FNAC stores (as a matter of fact, I think it's a French store company...)

i already own RA, and WCP and SO, just not WCPG, an i want to know if there is something special about the WCPG manual

I really dont know, there are FNAC stores in here, if they are french or not, I dont know.
At least its now more easy to find games.

The PG manual has stats for the SO Confed fighters and the Cerberus, as well as some cool fiction that lets us know what happened after Prophecy.

so I want WCPG WITH everything on it, that's what you're saying.

oke thanks

oh BTW, did i mention that the games don't even have a CDcase? they're just given to you in a WCIV kinda sleeve.

Originally posted by Earthworm
The PG manual has stats for the SO Confed fighters and the Cerberus, as well as some cool fiction that lets us know what happened after Prophecy.

Are they different from the SO fiction? I'm feeling very left out from buying WCP early. Then again, I've never even seen WCPG sold, let alone many WCPs.

BTW, what's a Mercury? Car?

Back