Work

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
Well, I work at a supermarket chain called Meijer. I work in the garden center having to deal with 100 degree heat and humidity every day whist loading up old ladies cars with 50 pound bags of manure. Where do you guys work... this is the "bitch about the job" thread. ;)

Just casually at Target (Australia). Work environment isn't so bad (apart from safety!), it's the (mis)management which annoys me.

I'm assistant manager of one of the largest GameStops in the country. I've been an acting manager at several other GameStop/Funcolands in the area over the last couple years. I work 40-50 hours a week talking about video games, handling major product launches, dealing with angry customers and yelling at kids who've been sitting on the floor or playing games too long. I come up with new ways to increase security and loss prevention, interact with Blizzard/Microsoft/Sony/etc reps to coordinate marketing plans and conduct most of the training/human resource supervision.

Blizzard's plans aren't really secret. They're doing World of Warcraft. Since Warcraft 3 launched, a number of the people working on it have shifted to Warcraft 3, though there should still be a team in place to do a Warcraft 3 addon next year.

I work for a shitty pizza place called minsky's in KC at night, and I work for a lawyer during the day, well not any more b/c i quit to go back to school.
Each day i work is one day closer to retirement.

I'm a CFI (Certified Flight Instructor).

I like my job, but there are some student's that I work with who I wonder if they're totally incompetent, or just inexperienced and will get better with time. There's this one guy who performed a stall too close to the ground and one of our aircraft is in the shop having a gear-strut being repared. My leg's killing me and my back is stiffer than a 16-year old amish boy at a strip-club.

Maybe I should try and apply for a commuter (they're still hiring even after 9/11).

I suppose I could go for a corporate job too (I have over 4,000 hours total time), and I would like to fly jets actually. Pay's better

I actually am pretty lucky when it comes to jobs though.

-Concordia

As my profile says, I'm a reluctant bagger at a Kroger supermarket. Fucking sucks. :mad: But, heh, at least I'm earning a few extra bucks.

Originally posted by Concordia
I'm a CFI (Certified Flight Instructor).

I like my job, but there are some student's that I work with who I wonder if they're totally incompetent, or just inexperienced and will get better with time..

Boy, after 9/11 you probably have had to watch what guys you train to fly...

Originally posted by pygmypiranha

Boy, after 9/11 you probably have had to watch what guys you train to fly...

We do. Even guys from other countries that are normally able to get training here without question now need MOD-clearance.

Psychological profiling is also more stringent now, but still, that doesn't shield against idiots :)

-Concordia

hehehe...my job? Mooching off my parents for as long as I possibly can...just got out of high school and do plan on going to college...some...time...but for now i've been living off my parents, because they've spoiled me rotten. I've been thinking about getting a job (grr....stupid Gamestop...I applied for a job and they never called me back...I blame you Chris...).

I work at a military hospital maintaining the heating/ventilation and air conditioning systems. Pretty cool job. I get to work with some state of the art stuff.

Originally posted by Concordia

Psychological profiling is also more stringent now, but still, that doesn't shield against idiots :)

what exactly happened at the airport where you worked? An accident?

i make road signs.:confused:
u know, stop, yeild, one way, school, and misspelled "OIHO" welcome signs.

I also make web pages, build server, networks, and desktop computers for my business.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
I've been thinking about getting a job (grr....stupid Gamestop...I applied for a job and they never called me back...I blame you Chris...).

Many people do. :) I get a dozen or so applications per week, and I only really hired one person all year. This is his second concurrent job and he has previously been a store manager of multiple stores. He has nine years' experience in my mall. There generally aren't all that many tempting high school graduations out there. :) I'll be hiring five to ten people in the next couple months here, but I've already got a promising stack of apps that I've been saving for the past few months. I really hope my mall does a job fair this year. I'd love to do the booth thing.

Originally posted by ChrisReid

Many people do. :) I get a dozen or so applications per week, and I only really hired one person all year. This is his second concurrent job and he has previously been a store manager of multiple stores. He has nine years' experience in my mall. There generally aren't all that many tempting high school graduations out there. :) I'll be hiring five to ten people in the next couple months here, but I've already got a promising stack of apps that I've been saving for the past few months. I really hope my mall does a job fair this year. I'd love to do the booth thing.

Nah...the people around here are no more qualified than me. My freind got a job there and I know for a fact he's got nothing on me. I think I was just alittle late for the job opening or something.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Road signs... "Facinating..."

yes...,please
trash-stop.jpg

note, person pictured is not me, just some crazy cracker.

Back