Wing Commander Prophecy: Secret Ops Model Update Pack

Quick update - playing around with a few things including the Piranha cockpit. Probably not in it's final state, but here's a sample of what we're going for.

The gauges and button text all have emit mapping - though it's purposely muted and the text blurred to prevent it from getting in the way of the actual HUD elements, and the cockpits are using 1024 TGA images rather than 8-bit BMP MATs. I figure if you're going to stare at it all the time you might as well not have a pixelated cockpit.

pir_cock3.jpg

Welcome MUP-fans to the "Things You Rarely See" edition. Let me ask you a question: Do you hop into your shiny MUPetized Panther and head out ready to kick some high-poly thorax; you line up your shot, you get tone, and you fire off a missile only to say to yourself, "Hey! That isn't a missile, that's just a tapered rectangle!"? Well, we didn't either. But we here at the MUP are nothing if not completion-ists and fine purveyors of high(er) poly models. Our anal retentive nature is your gain true believers! Introducing the upgrade nobody asked for (but you'll appreciate, we know) - upgraded Confed missiles! TAH DAAAAAAH!!!

Missile_Array1.jpg

So sit back, relax, and fire at will knowing that the crawling AI is about to suck newly enhanced death! Torpedoes, mines, and ER missiles are forthcoming....

One thing I loved about Prophecy was the overtone cockpit of the fighters, giving you the feeling that you sit in an spacecraft, while maintaining clear view on the spacefield.

The new cockpit looks like those of the WC2 era, blocking the view. Therefore I always deactivated the Cockpit view in WC3, helped me a lot.
Will the deactiviation be possible here too?

The new cockpit looks like those of the WC2 era, blocking the view. Therefore I always deactivated the Cockpit view in WC3, helped me a lot.
Yes, WCP does have an option to switch off the 3d cockpit model.

One thing I loved about Prophecy was the overtone cockpit of the fighters, giving you the feeling that you sit in an spacecraft, while maintaining clear view on the spacefield.

also, the new cockpits will be selectable options at install time, you can opt not to install them and keep the originals if you want.

also, the new cockpits will be selectable options at install time, you can opt not to install them and keep the originals if you want.
Hehe. When the question comes up in the installer, make sure to mention average poly counts and texture sizes for both the old and the new cockpits. And when they select old cockpits, do an additional "are you absolutely sure?" prompt :). It's hard to imagine someone wanting to upgrade everything else, and then choosing the original cockpits to go with that.

By the way - maybe you feel like creating some cockpits for the alien ships? When you use the alswantsmoreships cheat, you can access some of them. Not to mention the Kilrathi ships... :)

Hehe. When the question comes up in the installer, make sure to mention average poly counts and texture sizes for both the old and the new cockpits. And when they select old cockpits, do an additional "are you absolutely sure?" prompt :). It's hard to imagine someone wanting to upgrade everything else, and then choosing the original cockpits to go with that.

By the way - maybe you feel like creating some cockpits for the alien ships? When you use the alswantsmoreships cheat, you can access some of them. Not to mention the Kilrathi ships... :)

Funny you should mention that. Yes we are. Dark Sentinel and I are trying to figure out what the layout for a hexapod with compound eyes would look like. It's an interesting thought experiment. Kilrathi cockpits are also on the docket, but those are later improvements.

Good evening all - So good news and bad news. First the bad: we ran out of time on converting the Hydra for this release - (BOOO HISSSS - I know) the upside though is that it's almost ready and could be added as a fast follow on. Now the really good news - The package is ready and being assembled so we can release it in time for the CIC's Birthday party next weekend!

Technical additions include the new GL patch which includes emit mapping which we intend on implementing for all ships in the game, The bug ships are the first candidates.

Finally I finished this little old thing:
Midway10.jpg

Midway1.jpg Midway11.jpg Midway12.jpg Midway9.jpg Midway8.jpg Midway7.jpg

The full list of additions will be in the readme as always. Looking forward to the party all!

My bad for the Hydra, sorry everyone. I ran out of time before my vacation. It is the most awkward shape of all Neph ships and it caught me out. I have the bridge to do along with a few spikes and tentacles.

the model looks great, however I liked the old "integrated" nozzle more. Looked somehow more modern than the "WC2 inspired" nozzle.

My bad for the Hydra, sorry everyone. I ran out of time before my vacation. It is the most awkward shape of all Neph ships and it caught me out. I have the bridge to do along with a few spikes and tentacles.

It's all good gr1mre4per. We know how time can get away from us. This is a fan project and literally every bit that we do get is a gift. Hope you enjoyed your Vacation.

By the way, DefianceIndustries are you getting my private convos? I sent one a month ago and haven't heard back from you. Don't mean to thread jack, sorry about that.

It's all good gr1mre4per. We know how time can get away from us. This is a fan project and literally every bit that we do get is a gift. Hope you enjoyed your Vacation.

By the way, DefianceIndustries are you getting my private convos? I sent one a month ago and haven't heard back from you. Don't mean to thread jack, sorry about that.

um nooooo i haven't. Sorry!

Back