Wing commander 6 and privateer 3

kyee

Spaceman
It really sucks when a game you've been craving for for several years either gets cancelled or gets delayed for an indefinite amount of time. it pains me to say this, because i know that many of you are hardcore wing commander nuts, but i believe that the movie totally destroyed or delayed indefinitely the wing commander and privateer games, and i wish that chris roberts had never taken the directing role.

The movie most likely has/will have little or nothing nothing to do with the games in terms of effects on the production rate.

As for Roberts not taking the directors role, how would we get WC3 and WC4?

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, for once someone makes a crack at the Movie being a mistake and they don't get shot down like a traitor....What the heck man I say that I like the moive as sifi and not as WC and people (who shall remain namless) stake me and roast me over a pit...What's up with that????

------------------
Call me a Pleb, you die!!! Got it fly boy?!?
Well do ya!?! Well punk!?! Because you know maybe, just maybe, when I'm flyin on your wing...my auto track could just mistake you for the Roach you are...got that...Ace!?! Sure you do...wouldn't want to get that nice squad jacket all mussed up now would we..?

First of all, the term is "Sci-Fi," second of all, quit whining.

As for you, kyee: You don't know what you're talking about, so pick a different topic.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

First kyee I thank god that Chris Roberts made the WC movie, because if he didn't than nobody would. Second, why would the movie destroy any games, Origin didn't have anything to do with the movie. And if something, the movie made some people who never heard of WC interested in the thing, while it didn't turn any of the existing fans away from the universe. Many WC fans loved the movie, myself included so this isn't the place to post stuff like this.

Think about what you're typing before you click the submit buton.
smile.gif

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

What i really meant to say was that i don't blame chris robert for taking a chance to enhance his career. in fact, i applaud it. if i was in the same position, i would, too. However, because of his decision to make the movie, i believe the wing commander prophecy and privateer sequels have been pushed farther down the schedule than if chris roberts was in charge of those games. So, there's my three cents.

movies don't destroy games.

Look at it...After Mortal Kombat Annihalation we still got Mortal Kombat 4

And after Street Fighter we still had 35463 Street Fighter Games

------------------
Rattrap: "I am transformed.....I am soooooo transformed"

Actualy no kyee. The sequal to Prophecy already exists, and it's called Secret Ops. Anyway sequel to SO, or the next Privateer game aren't delayed because CR left Origin. Origin is working on a masive muli player game POL. That's where the money is this days.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 18, 2000).]

Earthworm I know SO was supposed to be the sequel but in my opinion Origin would have been doing itself a supreme favour if they had not wasted its time and money making a game that was a complete waste of time and about as interesting as watching a blank wall. I know of course we payed out no money for it but if you consider download time we in fact did. I would perfer it if the next time they try these bright ideas they didnt initiate them.

I guess i've become destitute of any hope that the programmers at origin will produce the sequel to wing commander 6 and privateer 3. It just seems to be taking soooooooo long....

Wolf, although SO didn't have much of a story it did have some of the coolest missions from the WC series. I bought Prophecy Gold after I downloaded the thing, and it was worth it.
wink.gif

------------------

SO was more of a test of OSI about distributing games through the internet but also a gift from them to us.

So i think we should be happy that they at least gave us something.

I don't c Blizzard, Sierra or Westwood do something like this

------------------
Rattrap: "I am transformed.....I am soooooo transformed"

Kyee: Chris Roberts' departure from Origin did not delay the sequel to WCP (or to SO, whatever you consider to be the last WC game) - for the very simple reason that he left _before_ WCP was made. And if it wasn't for the movie, we'd have had just about no WC products at all last year... <shudder> I don't even want to think about that possibility.

Back