Wing Commander 3 Video Index Revamped (August 17, 2014)

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
Last year the Holovids section was revamped so that the inline videos would work without third-party plugins in any up to date browser, on desktop or mobile. This involved re-encoding the bulk of our videos to formats that can be played by HTML5-capable browsers. Notably, the massive Wing Commander 3 movie index was still using the old Flash technology.

We're happy to report that all the Wing Commander 3 videos (including many "lost" scenes that were dropped from the PC version!) have been converted fresh from the highest quality source currently available: the Playstation port. While the videos are still relatively low resolution, the improved compression techniques and higher color depth of the Playstation version means a very noticeable improvement in quality. The comprehensive movie index includes every video you might encounter during a complete playthrough of Wing Commander 3 on PC. The lost scenes section has additional videos that only appear in the Playstation or 3DO versions.

--
Original update published on August 17, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish someone would make a patch to put in some of those lost scenes into the dos version of the game. Especially the Hobbes explanation really fills in, what I feel, one of the biggest plot holes in the entire game. I don't care if there was a cd size limit, that was the wrong scene to cut. Also that final mission could really use those movies with blair at the depot.

Back