Wing Commander 3 Rec Room Jazz Song

mrxny2999

Spaceman
What is the name of the Wing Commander 3 Jazz song that is always playing in the Rec Room?

Real song or made up ?

Anyone every post it online?

I think the question is whether or not the song is an original composition. I believe it is, George Oldziey was the composer for the WC3 soundtrack.

Most of the Midi files are available in the CICs files section as well as in mp3.

Its the song playing in the background the 1st time you talk to vagabond in the bar.

The version in the game has a saxaphone in it, the downloadable one on the files page is a piano version.

Its the song playing in the background the 1st time you talk to vagabond in the bar.

The version in the game has a saxaphone in it, the downloadable one on the files page is a piano version.

not exactly. It just means your midi is set to play the wrong instruments. Either way is this the MP3 you are looking for? http://download.wcnews.com/music/wc3/WC3-Bar3.mp3

When I play the midi file from this pack (WC3MID03) the instruments sound fine on the default windows settings.

It's possible that there is a different song playing in the cutscene with Vagabond -- if that's the case then it would be part of the cutscene and not a separate MIDI file we could extract (I have a terrible ear for music, but LeHah could probably listen to the different tracks and tell us what's what).

The various MIDI files seem to call it 'Bar Music' or 'Alternate Bar Music'; I'm not sure if that's from the game itself or something someone (Locke?) added later. Unfortunately, there's no soundtrack with proper track names for WC3 like there is for WC1 (with the exception of a few pieces which have appeared elsewhere).

Hmm, yeah. It's definitely a faster paced song in the video. It's closer to WC3MID02.

It's possible that there is a different song playing in the cutscene with Vagabond -- if that's the case then it would be part of the cutscene and not a separate MIDI file we could extract (I have a terrible ear for music, but LeHah could probably listen to the different tracks and tell us what's what).

The various MIDI files seem to call it 'Bar Music' or 'Alternate Bar Music'; I'm not sure if that's from the game itself or something someone (Locke?) added later. Unfortunately, there's no soundtrack with proper track names for WC3 like there is for WC1 (with the exception of a few pieces which have appeared elsewhere).

Here this should help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGNWdXpfOvw [Exaclty 3:00 min mark]

It's playing when you talk to Vagabond [acoustic not midi]

This is a faster, more prominent saxaphone version than the piano version wc3bar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34BjD-QKvlg Its also playing here

There might be a source file for that music somewhere. Possibly George Oldziey has it, but I've yet to come across those specific arangements of the piece. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist on some ex-origin harddrive somewhere though.

Back