Wing Commander 1 July PC Gamer

Pedro

Admiral
Would anyone be willing to part with their Coverdisk with (WC1) eg anyone who has the KS. It wasn't available here in the UK.
I have just purchased WC2 Deluxe and already own WC3 but WC1 runs hyper fast so I really need the W95 edition.

If so e-mail me at pedro_ue@yahoo.co.uk

You're not alone, amigo. The issues I saw here are Solo Editions.
frown.gif

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are programs which slow down your computer to make games, such as Wing Commander to slow down to a respectable playing speed. I cant remember any names, so just search the net, shouldnt be too hard to find.

Nope they don't work, still too fast.
Doesn't matter I'll be getting the KS soon anyway, I'm just a little frustrated in the mean time
smile.gif

For all I know I'll have it in the next week, I just managed to play a bit of it (no sound) by disabling my cache and it looked so much better than I expected for a game that old I got hooked.

I managed to get WC1 to a playable speed by using both slowdown utilities (available at the files section) at the same time.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

Your best bet is to get something like Turbo, which you can find at download.com, or any other major software site. It's freeware; plus it actually works
wink2.gif

I've used it before.

I just want to ask is that here, i havent seen wc1 in pc gamer yet, there is railroad tycon in the new one, since it is translated and all and take some time to get here, can anyone tell me how long is from this edition to the wc1 one? I mean, if it does follow the same titles/cds it is...

Thx

------------------
Well, its classified... i mean, i could tell you, but then i have to kill you...

Well I don't know about brazil but every version of PC Gamer is different, I checked to see if there was any chance of WC1 on the UK version, however its illegal to distribute games on magazine covers here (only shareware allowed)
frown.gif

Ahem, Killerwave.
The PC Gamer with WC1-KS was distributed in Brazil. I know because I bought it.
That one with RT2 is the translated version. If you go to a bookstore or news stand that sells imported stuff, you'll probably find the American PC Gamer CD edition.

The problem is that was almost a month ago, or something like that. So the number with WC1 may not be available anymore.
------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited August 19, 2000).]

I think PC Gamer Online also has a section devoted to helping us gamers with our technical problems. You could try them if you're out of options.

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited August 22, 2000).]

klaus said:
Ahem, Killerwave.
The PC Gamer with WC1-KS was distributed in Brazil. I know because I bought it.
That one with RT2 is the translated version. If you go to a bookstore or news stand that sells imported stuff, you'll probably find the American PC Gamer CD edition.

The problem is that was almost a month ago, or something like that. So the number with WC1 may not be available anymore.

I did looked in all the places i know around here that sells imported magazines last month, just took a look again but couldnt find neither an old or new pc gamer...
frown.gif

I was hoping them that was a translated version here...

------------------
Well, its classified... i mean, i could tell you, but then i have to kill you...

Well, I'll refer to that anonymous quote:

"S**t happens"

That sort of thing (magazines not showing up) happened many times to me too.

But waiting for the translated version of the magazine to reproduce that CD is a very long shot.

------------------

Back