Who else is blown away by Star Citizen's presentation?

FlightShtick

Captain
The graphics are pretty damn great, and I was on low at least until my new PC gets here (there assembling it it. I don't do that, not with these sausage fingers.). It was pretty wild, first though the interiors were very Doom 3 but hey theres only so many styles of outer space you cam make, non gonna make MST3K doors are yah?

Been blown away this past 4+ years. I keep getting pleasantly surprised. Running on Very High but disabling motion blur in the system console.

You aint seen nothing yet! :)

(Nah, I am equally impressed by what the folks with the real talent are doing. It's like nothing I've seen before.)

You aint seen nothing yet! :)

(Nah, I am equally impressed by what the folks with the real talent are doing. It's like nothing I've seen before.)
It takes all kinds LOAF.

Don't de-value your contributions.

Oh you are so right though, the best is yet to come. I've managed to hook my son now that he has a PC that can run Star Citizen. Motivated my 16 year old to do some work to earn his goal of a MISC Freelancer.

Thats why i startet with Colonel and now Grand Admiral :D
Fleet is (atm) ^^

Polaris Military Corvette
Carrack Military Explorer - used it then as SAR and EWAR - light Corvette
Starfarer Gemini - Military Tanker - hope the Minelayer Variant is coming too :D
Vanguard - Military Heavy Fighter - my Star Citizen ship that reminds me of the best ship in Wing Commander! The F-57 Sabre :bet:
Sabre - Military Stealth Fighter - F-22 in Space

So a few ships and some Merchandise - Polo-Shirts, T-Shirts, Mousepads, Hoddie etc. Some Hangarstuff and sometimes Subscriber ;) I done my part :D
ScreenShot0000.jpg ScreenShot0001.jpg ScreenShot0000.jpg ScreenShot0001.jpg ScreenShot0004.jpg ScreenShot0005.jpg ScreenShot0047.jpg ScreenShot0052.jpg ScreenShot0062.jpg

Attachments

• ScreenShot0003.jpg
    ScreenShot0003.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Salivating for the future organization fleet viewer. I'm curious just how much war material we have all together.

I spent an extra $250 just to get a Connie without the title, "rear," in it. Yeah yeah I know but an admiral of vice sounded so much cooler. :rolleyes:

I've since expanded and am currently a Grand Admiral myself. Good to know I'm not the only wingnut who is.:cool:

One of the things that has been eating my time lately is just floating around playing with the director mode camera settings in the game. Even with only a 1080p monitor I can set up "virtual super resolution" and take pics in game at 4k. The depth of field controls are a bit wonky but for an initial implementation, director mode is a pretty awesome tool for anyone looking to make videos.

ScreenShot0866.jpg ScreenShot0878.jpg ScreenShot0544.jpg ScreenShot0619.jpg ScreenShot0690.jpg ScreenShot0661.jpg ScreenShot0711.jpg ScreenShot0873.jpg ScreenShot0892.jpg

:D This is the first of a series of ships I kicked off last year. The booklet for the Hurricane is a winner, can't wait for everyone to see :)

I haven't followed that closely but I was understanding that the current engine development state is very much geared towards getting stuff done as quickly as possible. Eventually (I hope) they will have the opportunity for optimisation and improving performance efficiency, right? While my system runs SC well enough, the game is a performance hog and I only have a look at it when I have time and can spare the CPU/GPU cycles. Sadly, I haven't touched it for the last few major releases despite keeping up with the horribly big updates. (Didn't CR say they were going to have incremental updates at some point?)

Anybody know how much you need to download ?

I have mobile broad band and so have a limit each month. think I might just go see how much I have left for this month, who knows it might be enough.

Anybody know how much you need to download ?

I have mobile broad band and so have a limit each month. think I might just go see how much I have left for this month, who knows it might be enough.
2.6.1 came in just under 30 gigabytes.

2.6.1 came in just under 30 gigabytes.
fry_screaming_in_horror.gif

Hmm that is a bit of an embuggerance, I get 50GB a month and currently have about 15GB left, I might have to have a low useage month in march then steal a bit from april.

Just have to hope that there are no more updates :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The updates seem to have slowed down, but yes, for a while I was using virtually all my download capacity every single month. :/

I play the current version from time to time, but TBH, I'm mainly waiting for the full release. I'll probably get my next laptop then to play it. But still, last time I booted it, one or two months ago, I was all "Wow!". Damn impressive work.

Back