Who are you most looking forward to seeing in Outlander?

Who do you most want to see in OUTLANDER?

• Kainan -Jim Caviezel

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Freya - Sophia Myles

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Wulfric - Jack Huston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rothgar - John Hurt

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Gunnar - Ron Perlman

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The Moorwen - CGI by Spin Productions

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
Of the six main characters, who are you most looking forward to seeing perform in OUTLANDER... Here's a rundown:

1. Kainan - Jim Caviezel

Jim Caviezel playes the Outlander alien than crash lands on Earth. Best know for roles in The Count of Monte Cristo, and Mel Gibson's controversial The Passion of the Christ, Jim has a quiet manner and a likeable pressence.

2. Freya - Sophia Myles

The lovely Sophia Myles plays a Viking Princess and warrior, and Rothgar's daughter, in Outlander. After a small role in Underworld, she stared in Tristan and Isolde, and more recently has been starring in CBS' 'Moonlight.'

3. Wulfric - Jack Huston

Jack Huston's Wulfric is Rothgar's Nephew. His Father was the king, and the movie opens with his father, Halga's funeral. Jack is an up an comming talent that comes from a long line of cinematic heredity, and is out to prove that he's not in this movie just because of who his relatives are.

4. Rothgar - John Hurt

Rothgar is the King of the viking tribe. John Hurt has a long history of sci-fi roles including what may be one of the most memorable movie deaths ever. In Ridley Scott's 'Alien' a small monster burst from his chest in a kind of painful and twisted birth. Interestingly, John hurt also stared in the Video Game "Privateer 2 - The Darkening" which is a spinoff of the Wing Commander series and was helmed by Outlander Producer Chris Robert's brother Erin.

5. Gunnar - Ron Perlman

Ron Perlman may just be one of the busiest men in Hollywood. In Outlander, his Gunnar is the leader of a rival faction of Vikings that fights with our heroes. Ron has a long list of credits and has recently completed work on Hellboy 2. He also has a number of sci-fi credits that includes Alien Ressurection and Star Trek: Nemesis. He also does a lot of voice work as in Titan A.E. and numerous video games. Interestingly, He also voiced one of the characters in the Wing Commander Academy animated series that aired on the USA network

6. The Moorwen - Computer Animated by the Team at Spin Productions

The Moorwen is the alien monster that crashes to Earth along with Kainan. It is completely computer generated. The team at spin productions worked for more than a year to bring the concepts created in pre production by Ninth Ray studios and Patrick Tatopolous to life. Completely photorealistic, the effects work is said to be top notch and some of the best put to film.

i'm a caviezel fan but also like the works of john hurt and ron perlman. also seeing the monster is another perk. sophia myles is nice looking but haven't seen enough of her to know her abilities. jack huston is an unknown to me so therefore i'm indifferent towards him.

Personally I picked Sophia Myles. If you haven't seen it, pick up the extended version of Underworld. She plays a devilishly sexy vampiress...

The un-mentioned

The person I most want to see, other than my fellow warriors and friends in the back-ground, is not on your list, and is truly worthy of mention. Aidan Devine, who plays Einar, is a great actor, character and a true gentleman.
Thank you Aidan for taking the time out to acknowledge us. We appreciate it and you garnished my respect for it.

The person I most want to see, other than my fellow warriors and friends in the back-ground, is not on your list, and is truly worthy of mention. Aidan Devine, who plays Einar, is a great actor, character and a true gentleman.
Thank you Aidan for taking the time out to acknowledge us. We appreciate it and you garnished my respect for it.

Good point, and hopefully some of the other characters in the "minor" roles (as in not the main 5) will get some needed recognition from the film.

Einar

Maybe you can help the movie uneducated like myself AD. How do we determine minor roles, other than the glowingly obvious? I wondered why Einar was considered a minor one because he plays a fairly extensive and pivotal character in the movie, screen time rivaling all main characters, much more than even Perlman, and far beyond the extensive list of barely noticed characters in the cast listings, yet he is a minor role. Is it simply judged by how much we are paid?

Maybe you can help the movie uneducated like myself AD. How do we determine minor roles, other than the glowingly obvious? I wondered why Einar was considered a minor one because he plays a fairly extensive and pivotal character in the movie, screen time rivaling all main characters, much more than even Perlman, and far beyond the extensive list of barely noticed characters in the cast listings, yet he is a minor role. Is it simply judged by how much we are paid?

I don't know the specifics, but the international poster has a "with Ron Perlman and John Hurt" which kind of implies less screen time. The other three actors headline the film and are I guess higher profile. It could also be a guild thing even if it isn't fair. I'm not really an insider into how it works though.

Outlander

Well, I guess I'll have to see Outlander many times untill I start seeing the other characters, including the Moorwen, since I only have eyes for Jim Caviezel.:rolleyes:

personally i'm waiting to see me and all my friends here in NS that were in it haha. but of the six, John Hurt probably. Hung out with that guy for a while on set. he is the coolest old(er) man ever!

Freya - Sophia Myles
I have to admit I don't know her from Adam, but my pal Cosette was her stunt double, so I am stoked to see her work on the big screen again. She also doubled for Natalie Martinez, the female lead in Death Race.
And I have to be happy to have Ron Perlman in anything. Love that guy!

LM

Of course I'm totally bias here...but I'm most looking forward to seeing young Eric (Bailey Maughan) on screen..that's if we're lucky to even have it screened in North America. Sheesh how long does a mom have to wait to see her own son on the big screen? Can't wait! (BTW- anyone know why it's takin so flippin long for it to come to the Western World?) Then secondly I'm anxious to cheer all the BG performers and other Nova Scotians on!

Of course I'm totally bias here...but I'm most looking forward to seeing young Eric (Bailey Maughan) on screen..that's if we're lucky to even have it screened in North America. Sheesh how long does a mom have to wait to see her own son on the big screen? Can't wait! (BTW- anyone know why it's takin so flippin long for it to come to the Western World?) Then secondly I'm anxious to cheer all the BG performers and other Nova Scotians on!

Glad to hear from you!

The main thing delaying things is the Weinstein Company... Do we have actual reasons why? Not really. Speculation is rampant though.

Wulfric can act!

The actor who played Wulfric was actualy very good! Maybe not the next Brad Pitt, but very much the next Orlando Bloom.

Who do I want to see on the screen?

Sophia - she's so lovely and talented.

John Hurt - a legendary Brit actor.

Me - angry villager/Gunnar's raider/first time background performer.

Ted Ludzik - Olaf! Tall, bald and a real gentlemen on the set, answered many of industry questions.

Bailey M - since his mother posted upthread, he seemed so mature on set. Take care of him mom!

Drakania - if you meet her, you will know . . .

Ron "hammertime" Perlman - he smiled when I said I loved "Quest For Fire"

Back