Which wingman of all time would you take to Kilrah?

Jazz, Iceman, and Primate.

Jazz- Coolness, pretty much one of the few WC1 wing men worth my time.

Iceman- Competence

Primate- Well every situation needs a comic relief... right?:p

untrue.. I'm picking him because of his loyalties.

I want all my above listed 'wingmates' to stray in front of my guns :p

Primate ;-) Best wingman ever.
Next would be Hunter. He was a bit of a hotshot, but he knew how to fly and not shoot me.
Iceman was pretty cool as wingman as well. Too bad he wasn't in WC1s winning path.

Iceman was pretty cool as wingman as well. Too bad he wasn't in WC1s winning path.

He kinda was, if you consider that Rostov is right next to Venice if you win. Would have been nice to see him in Venice though.

My favorite wingmen would be Panther and Hawk from WC4. I almost always pick Panther for the Peleus missions and Hawk for Outrun Ella.

untrue.. I'm picking him because of his loyalties.

I want all my above listed 'wingmates' to stray in front of my guns :p

In that case, by that argument, didn't the Mandarins want the terrans to lose that way they could later rise up in rebellion later and take them down that way?

Jazz Hobbes and Sansky I want all those jerks on my wing because everyone else ejects(dies) in that mission :p

Two of the three wingmen Blair took (Vagabond and Maniac) were both recovered after ejecting.

Maniac, Primate, Vagabond.

Maniac can be crazy and take out loads of fighters and rack up kills, and Primate will be a great marksman, and Vagabond will follow orders.

Just me who would take Bossman then? If he'd survived to that stage he would be a stalwart, but I think he'd easily be the coolest under such pressure - and a good source of experience too.

I would take Doomsday all the way. You knew he was definitely a baller - he knew exactly where all the hot after-parties on the ship were raging (Maniac clearly supplied the 'special' snacks.)

Angel was good enough to hook up with during the day, but it would have been Sparks on my Confed-blinged shoulder at those after-parties.

If Jazz had known what was good for him, he'd have kept his mouth shut and just played the piano.

I would take Doomsday all the way. You knew he was definitely a baller - he knew exactly where all the hot after-parties on the ship were raging (Maniac clearly supplied the 'special' snacks.)

I can see a reason to take Doomsday. He's highly decorated and has pivotal roles in some of the major battles. Veteran of Vega and Enigma campaigns, Vukar Tag invasion, Tarawa Raid, Munro, Free Corps, and the tail end of BoT. Oh and that Confed Medal of Honor certainly doesn't hurt either.

Angel was good enough to hook up with during the day, but it would have been Sparks on my Confed-blinged shoulder at those after-parties.

She was too hooked on Bear though, you'd of had quite the match on your hands.

Two of the three wingmen Blair took (Vagabond and Maniac) were both recovered after ejecting.

Who was the third wingman that Blair "officially" took to Kilrah? I knew Vagabond and Maniac... Does you post imply that whoever it was didn't make it back?

Also, just because I'm curious, don't know, and am sure most folks here can answer off the top of their heads: in the "official" (i.e. canon) version of the WC3 story, does Blair pick Rachel, Flint, or neither, and does he go after Hobbes and lose Vaquero, or face him later over Kilrah?

I can answer for the Hobbes and Vaquero part- Hobbes was flying on Vaquero's wing, disguised as Cobra. Blair gives orders to him to stop Hobbes whatever it takes- Vaquero perishes in the attempt, but Blair catches up and deals with it himself.

Officially, Blair chooses Rachel, and Flint is the pilot who died on the Kilrah run.

Vaquero perishes in the attempt, but Blair catches up and deals with it himself.

Just finished reading "Heart Of The Tiger" for the first time, and this statement is correct - seems that Vaquero gave Hobbes a good run for his money before Blair turned up though.

Also loved the part about how Maniac ejects in Kilrah's atmostphere, and Blair fails to see if Maniac's ejector seat blasted up and out of the planetary atmosphere in time.

Also loved the part about how Maniac ejects in Kilrah's atmostphere, and Blair fails to see if Maniac's ejector seat blasted up and out of the planetary atmosphere in time.

The story actually explicitly killed all three pilots originally. In a rare use of their veto power, Origin requested that it be changed to allow the possibility that Maniac and Vagabond could have ejected (which is interesting, because it shows how early they were thinking about who would... and who *wouldn't*... be coming back for another game).

The Wing Commander Prophecy official guide later explained that Maniac spent several hours being interrogated on a Kilrathi warship. :)

Back