Welcome!

R

Raptor

Hi everyone. Here's hoping that the HTL forum becomes *the* place to discuss anything and everything to do with Holding The Line. I frequent the CIC, so I'll usually be on hand to answer any questions. I'm also planning to issue a general invite to all HTL writers to visit the site, so you will get a chance to chat with authors directly.

So if you want to ask any questions about the storyline, discuss the latest chapter, offer feedback or criticism, or just plain shoot the breeze with the writers, this is the place to do it.

Best, Raptor

Raptor... is the man!

On that note, I'm not sure Rajan "Raptor" Ragupathy has gotten enough credit to date for all of his work. Apart from churning out a subhuman sheer volume of solid chapters himself for the PBM, this durn New Zealander pharmacist has been here since Day One coordinating this shin-dig, and I have to say he's done it damned well so far. He listens and acts on input received from writers, objectively gives feedback, and has SINGLE-HANDEDLY done what even a whole (motley?) crew of Founders of Aces years long gone could not... he's continued an official Aces PBM for something like over four years now, with the original direction fully intact to date. Writers and writing teams have come and gone (as can be expected as has been seen in the past with PBMs that have lasted anywhere close to this long), yet Raptor has still pulled the reins enough to keep things moving forward.

Ragputty's a whip-cracking sumbitch as much as he'll readily admit to, but he's got it together. Let's give a shout-out and a holla to the shock-colla keeping the Aces together in 2002. :)

- Andrew "Neo" Modeen

"I'll drink to that!"

four years.....is a long time to keep a project this large together, great job raptor and the rest of the gang and keep the good work coming (hopefully soon and often :D )

Heh. To be honest, I'm glad I didn't know that the project was going to be this big when I started it. I would have run a mile. :)

Best, Raptor

Nobody did

I think many of the writers would have baulked too, if they'd realised what they were getting into. It just goes to show the popularity of the PBM and the level of organisation of the HTL co-ordination.

Even at year 3, KOM was regarded by all of its writers and readers as being "too long"... I for one hope the Nifelheim arc will be *considerably* shorter. Not to say that Nephele or Loki has been unnecessarily long, just maybe that to draw this PBM out too much longer would maybe be wearing the material unnecessarily thin.

- Neo

Well, the thing to keep in mind about KOM was that for 9-12 months or so, absolutely *nothing* happened. To the non Aces, I kid you not. There were no chapters released, no definite idea of how the story was going to proceed, very little activity in the club at all. It was a fiasco any way you looked at it. HTL has avoided that fate so far and (touch wood) will continue to do so.

Having said that though, my plan for the finale in Nifelhiem is for it to to be a lot shorter (30-35 chapters), and with all the plot twists we have planned, should keep fresh for both the writers and the readers. The end is near. :D

Best, Raptor

Well...

When I joined the Aces the whole club seemed to be a bloody shambles. HTL changed all that, as far as I can see. At least it is going to be finished sometime - the same can't necessarilly be said for a certain other PBM that started about the same time...

Re: Well...

Now, now. Let's not start an inter-PBM slanging match, okay? We concentrate on what we're doing, and they can concentrate on what they're doing.

Best, Raptor

Re: er... yeah

Exactly. There's been some bad blood in the past, but with the pool of writers in the Aces being as small as it is, infighting gets counter-productive.

Best, Raptor

On an unrelated note

How often are the archives updated? I'm wondering if I've missed something between the last issue on the website and what I have in my mailbox.

Re: On an unrelated note

When we get the time. :D Sorry, but what with real life (most of use hold down full time jobs, and the rest are in college) and writing/editing/co-ordinating the chapters to keep the storyline on track, updating is fitted in when we can.

What chapters do you have, though? If you give me the names, I can tell you if you're missing any or not.

Best, Raptor

Back