Weapondamage question

gevatter Lars

Vice Admiral
I just stumbled across it while browsing through the WC3 manuale...could it be that the values are a little mixed up at CIC?

In the book its said that fighters shield and armor is given in cm...but the penetration of the weapons is in mm and not cm!
PS: I am using the german handbook so maybe its just a typo?

Maybe its just a typing mistake in the german handbook but I would like to know how it is since I am working on something using the values from the handbook and its quite a differance if the weapons do damage in cm or in mm....would affect the gameplay quite a lot.
For example could a Excalibure firing 4 Tachyons at a Vaktoth get through the shield with 7 shoots or would it blast the entire fighter into bits with 7 salvos.
4*Tachyons*7salvos = 1960cm or 196 cm is quite a differance.
In the first case you could blow up 4 Vaktoth with that firepower in the second case you would just down the shields...well nearly a Vakoth has a 200cm shield.

From my memories its more likely that its the mm values and not the cm....mostly depleted the entire energie from the Excalibure before a Vaktoth goes down.

Yes, the WC3 manual, as it states, measures a given gun’s penetration strength in tenths of a cm (0.1 cm = 1 armor unit), so a rating of “30” is the equivalent of 3 cm worth of damage (based on durasteel).

Back