WC's future, take 2

Jumper

Rear Admiral
Seeing as how the last post on Wing Commanders future wentway off-topic, heres another one.

I'm not too happy with EA right now. We all need to face the fact that EA is making the decisions here, not OSI. Once a smaller company like OSI gets "sucked into" EA, they lose all ability to make decisions for themselves.

All these people saying they hate this, hate that, hate this person.. Please stop. We need to display a united front here and not aruge over who we need to hate. If we ever want to see another Wing Commander game, we need to stay united by our commen beliefs and not start yelling at each other.

Fan project people - never give up
smile.gif
We need your projects to help keep the Wing Commander community alive. I'd like to see a new person pick up Unknown Enemy, as Secret Ops add-on, rather then waiting for Freelancer. It'd be way better to have a fan-made WC game using a WC engine then using a different engine.

Thanks for listining,

-Jumper

------------------
Please support the Wing Commander Engine Source Code Release Project! Only with the support of the entire community can we achieve our goals! www.wcescrp.cjb.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Go ahead and link it.
smile.gif
We need all the support we can get.

Sure. Not a problem. Whoever want too can link the site in their signature. That doesn't mean your a charter member or anything.. but imagine OSI's surprise when they find that many people link to the site in their sig..

Right now three charter members are me, Quarto, and PopsiclePete.

Thanks to eveyone else who has helped in any way so far!

------------------
Please support the Wing Commander Engine Source Code Release Project! Only with the support of the entire community can we achieve our goals! www.wcescrp.cjb.net

I didn't ask to be a charter member, but I will try to help you guys out.
Lookie here:

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited April 04, 2000).]

Well, i think there will be a new WC game, because if Origin is not letting go the WC rights, it wouldnt be smart to not make anything new dont you think??
smile.gif

But not soon anyway...
But i dont think WCUE will happen, face it, if it was "almost dead", to be honest ithink it is already dead, for the SO engine, would you expect for a new game to come out, create editing tools for it, convert ships, missions etc.
frown.gif

If someone tells to me that im wrong and show me any evidence that im mistaken about UE, i will be happy though
smile.gif

------------------
[Zero] Say with me, Maestro: 'We're gonna miss you, bug!' Say it!
[Maestro] You guys are so funny! I think i gonna spit my bones out!

[This message has been edited by KillerWave (edited April 04, 2000).]

Death's Head said:
Don't give up hope!

We have to at least try the WCESCRP, for one thing.

Hey, i still have hope for a new WC game, just not a fan made one.

------------------
[Zero] Say with me, Maestro: 'We're gonna miss you, bug!' Say it!
[Maestro] You guys are so funny! I think i gonna spit my bones out!

Well we're not grasping at straws here, but some fan made game should be completed within a year I would think, just because the ambition is there to create on, so long as there is organization.

------------------
Briceland
Support the WCESRP
A wingmen is essential; they give the enemy something else to shoot at.

Jumper said:
Seeing as how the last post on Wing Commanders future wentway off-topic, heres another one.

I'm not too happy with EA right now. We all need to face the fact that EA is making the decisions here, not OSI. Once a smaller company like OSI gets "sucked into" EA, they lose all ability to make decisions for themselves.

Irony: Without EA's money, Origin wouldn't have had anywhere near the resources to do WC3/4/P/SO or Ultima Online.

With EA's money...

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited April 11, 2000).]

I addition to a new WC game, I think they also need to come out with new multiplayer versions of WC and Privateer, as they did with Quake. It could be like that game Air Wars. It should be much more advanced and involved than the last Multiplayer WC game. This should be a whole WC world, with different worlds and civilizations, with many different waring races.

I don't think it happened.. and Pedro's been gone a while. You might have to try to get in touch with him.

Origin announced WCP wouldn't have multiplayer a few months before it was released.

Hi. Do you know if Origin is disconntinuing WC saga or will there be new saga or versions coming out? Thanks.
smile.gif

Please email your thought at
nataliecohen80@hotmail.com

Thanks again.
smile.gif

I would like to take a moment to speak out against behavior and speech that is intended to encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization. I assume you already know that even the most rigorous theoretical framework EA could put forward would not leave it in the position of generalizing with the certainty to which it is prone in its blanket statements, but I have something
more important to tell you. As will be discussed in more detail later in this letter, that fact is simply inescapable to any thinking man or woman. "Thinking" is the key word in the previous sentence. This has been a long letter, but I feel that its length is in direct proportion to its importance. Why? Because EA trumpets pestilential masochism laced with contumelious exclusionism.

This all points to only one thing. EA is being led by none other then the secret clone of Hitler!

------------------

Back