WCCD Progress...

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
Well I have included a few Screenshots of the Model that I imported in so. As it is now I was able to rotate it scale it etc... to be used in the vision. But Why did the textures come out like this is there does anybody know what it did? because the model itself is fine the textures just came out like junk tho.

shot0000.JPG

shot0001.JPG

shot0004.JPG

Anyone know what needs to be done?

Assuming that it looked fine before conversion, at some point the UV coordinates might have gotten screwed up. No way to tell except backtracking to find out when it happened and what it will take to fix it.

Might simply be a matter of flipping the texture or rotating it.

Did you try to make it use more than one texture, or only one texture for the whole model?

Ok so, I was messin around with 3d Explorer making differe file extensions and importing/exporting in and kept getting the same output that was unwanted. So I used a different program called "lithunwrap". When using Lithunwrap. To make it one model and not screwing up the textures I saved it I belive as a wavefront file then went into word took out the "G"'s . then used Explorer to change to peo. > Peo View > Model C and were the results. Just took some time to do. A definate improvment tho.

shot01.jpg

And another.

shot02.jpg

shot03.jpg

And last but not least.

shot04.jpg

Any thoughts. Comments?

Looks nice to me - my only advice is that you come up with a better sector for screenshots - the lighting in that one really doesn't do any model justice :p

As for the whole conversion process taking a while... I've tried every possible method in the past 5 years or so, and that's just how it's gotta be. There are different ways to go about converting a model, but all of them involve just about the same number of different steps / programs.

Yes Your right lighting in that Sector Sux but yea It's definatly a pain in my *&^%$#!# :) With that being said I'm working on a Broadsword texture too and hopefully will have it down by tommorrow. I'm basing it on a model on wcmdf and retexturing to portrait Star Soldier Broadsword. Hope you guys will like it.

I was looking at the first Model I did with the textures being messed up and then thought about this...... We all know it's the new Camaro but it looks hideous. But then...After the junk is stripped off..It's a marvelous

010320081726292526.jpg

Yea I gotta tone down the colors ~~~ When I was workin on the textures it didn't seem all that bright but then.........when in 3d explorer I was like whoa!

Here's another one.... Keep in mind I haven't gotten it into the Vision Engine yet so most if not all models will look bright Here's another one after Being being darkened a little. I wanted it to look a little worn.

broadsword2.jpeg

Also this is a retexture......So How does one go about putting Textures on let's say the mass driver guns etc... also putting textures on the fins? There areas which aren't really on the textures themselves, how is this done? Again I'm learning :)

broadsword3.jpeg

^ ^ ^ Darkened her up a lil bit ^ ^ ^

Alright guys which one should I be using for the WC:CD Project I'm not really too sure on which to use.

Ok Here we go.....I actually liked the Orange and Blue color scheme and think it would look better in the vision engine. So with that being said I have to varients. 1 Being with the 3 hulking mass drivers and #2 being without. With or Without?

broadsword5.jpeg

broadsword4.jpeg

???

I like the one without the hulking mass drivers, personally.

I also think the strips could be smaller, maybe by half as much as their current size, but that's just me.

Nice job on the Excal, Jason. The first set and the second are like night and day to me.

The Broadsword looks nice too but it looks a little cartoony to me? Perhaps its because of the quality of the Excalibur you made...

Here's the Excalibur when it's in that "3d Exploration" program. You can see how bright it is in the program then when in the "Secret Ops Vision Engine" It darkens up quite a bit.

excalibr2.jpeg

In regard to the Broadsword Model I'll convert the model tonight into the Vision Engine and come up with a few screenshots. It just takes awhile when rotating, scaling, moving, positioning the flames, hardpoints, referencing to cockpits, and hopefully I'll have fun doing turrets (Haven't done that yet) but I'm going to use the Devestator.iff as a template. And you guys will see how it will "Really" look inside the engine.

IMHO, the Broadsword textures don't need to be darker, they need to be brighter and use (much) less saturated colors.

BTW, you are right - your best bet on the turrets is to manually copy the hardpoint info from a ship which already has them, because turret hardpoints need different orientation vectors depending on the angle they are supposed to cover.

Well for One I can only really tell how it'll look when I convert the model in. :) So I know this stuff looks cool and great....but when it's in the vision engine you know as well as I do it could look like total crap ~~~ :D . But Yea the Saturation is most likely lucrative but when it gets in the vision engine I'll change the MAT to reflect less saturation. But anyways This is an even more updated texture.

broadsword9.jpeg

Notice the stripes? :)

Again... leave comments :)

Back