WCCD Progress...

I think the stripe reduction lessens the "Cartoony" feel of the model - it really looks more serious now.

I really like the way this is turning out, and I can't wait to see it in engine!

Oh BTW this was the original model. I only modded it a lil bit and retextured but you can see a world of difference between the two.

broadsword10.jpeg

I dunno...I think I really like the mass drivers on the front. The Broadsword is all business...

Looking good!

Believe you me I love the mass drive idea but then I was thinking about it....This ship is going to be used for a Nephilem type conflict for a mod to Secret Ops that's underway. I want to be able to use something different than the three Mass Drivers if anything I would love to make some mounts somewhere on the Model to show maybe some Tachyon guns or Plasma Type guns that would look killer!!! :) But that was really the only reason why I removed them. Judging by the Star Soldier manual (I'm trying follow it) there's no 3 mass drivers on any broadsword but........I think I'll be making 2 varients. One with a more stock wc2 familiar type loadout and one with more advanced loadout for the time frame which the mod is going to be set. :) I hope you all can understand and believe me if I can find a way to make it happen.......I will!! :) So I think that may be something I'll include in this mod is a few different ships of the same type. Similar to what secret ops does with Wild Weasel varients and the like.....Oh BTW the X's above are because bandwidth on Geocities....Doesn't anyone recommend a better site that's ....FREE because I'm cheap :)

That sounds really interesting. Arena certainly reinforced the cool (and logical) concept of having multiple variants of fighters. I'm all for it...

As an aside, I always thought it was neet how the pilots of Broadswords sat side-by-side in Academy TV. The ship is so large...I can certainly imagine it having two pilots up front to complete all the complex tasks it is designed to do (especially a Wild Weasel mission..)

Hmm Interesting....Like an Aardvark. or a B-1 Bomber right?....I'll have to check up on Academy. That's an interesting Idea tho.

As promised. and referenced above.....The Broadsword in the Vision Engine. I think the hardest part is to make this look good in the Vision Engine. Aldo Eder you are right.. When givin too dark of a color. You get a pretty neat transparency on the ship. But Anyhow Here's 4 Screenshots take a look see guys and tell me what ya think? I'll be working on the next ship within the coming days and will post a new thread as such. I also wanted to give it a "Weathered" type look to show it's age. So some of the colors I actually content with, with the age thing in mind.

BSword4.jpg

BSword1.jpg

BSword2.jpg

Bsword3.jpg

Also when Inserting the turret hardpoint jargan It keeps crashing. Any other way todo it?

Now that I look at the Standoff Broadsword. Here's a Comparison, to show the standoff broadsword which btw. Looks awesome. It so much easier after the model is setup in the Vision engine, to actually do the textures. Because you can test how it looks better in there. But you guys can see the differences. Questions Comments and concerns are welcome.

shot23.png

Can you texturize the fins? Also, just a minor nit pick, the vents on the front of your engines look just a tad to large, like the whole front is the intake vent. Making that smaller would improve the look of the model, I think.

Do you mean the ones in the Yellow (Engine Intakes) or the ones in the Green (Some type of missile silos)

BSword4a.jpg

The Engine Intakes, not the Missile Tubes. It looks like the grate you put on the texture stretchs to far to try to cover that one face. I think it would look better if there was a lip around it.

Alright I think I'm followin ya there. & the Fins above the silos right? The ones that are white? or whitish. Yea I gotta see on adding to the textures I think it's done by grouping but I'm not too sure. I'll check into it tonight.

Here we go, This is the older textures not in the Vision engine.... But.... You can see the changes I'll make.

broadsword11.jpeg

Yea it's just that when I import it into the vision engine it lightens up quite a bit... As you can see above... Plus it can't be too dark or it becomes cloaked "Transparent" ~~~

Tonight I'll work on improving it as much as I can. And Also Improving the Excalibur too. I'm looking to add a few guns. Mass Driver, Reaper, etc...

Back