WC4 Silent Lexington Videos Fix

pahandav

Veteran Spaceman
I was getting ready to do a stream of Wing Commander 4 and noticed that the walking videos on the Lexington had no sound. So, I extracted the audio from those videos from the CD version, and reencoded them to AC3.

To use these, you'll need to load SC_5150A.VOB through SC_5150G.VOB in AviDemux, go to Select Track under the audio menu, click on the box that says Track 0 from audio, and then click add audio track. Select the .ac3 file for the VOB file. Then make sure that the output format on the main window is set to MPEG-PS Muxer, and that the video and audio are set to copy. Do that for all seven of the files. Then, rename them to .VOB files and copy them to where you have your VOB files stored.

Hopefully, someone who has permissions to upload larger files can upload the full fixed files for those of you who don't want to do it yourselves. Have fun with this!

Attachments

• SC_5150A.zip
    642 KB · Views: 29
  • SC_5150B.zip
    613.9 KB · Views: 21
  • SC_5150C.zip
    678.9 KB · Views: 23
  • SC_5150D.zip
    552.8 KB · Views: 19
  • SC_5150E.zip
    605.2 KB · Views: 19
  • SC_5150F.zip
    669.1 KB · Views: 30
  • SC_5150G.zip
    509.4 KB · Views: 27
I patched up the videos that we have in the holovids here on the CIC in a similar fashion a while back. I never bundled up new copies of the VOBs though which wouldn't be too hard to do, so I'm glad you've taken the time to make these.

Hopefully, someone who has permissions to upload larger files can upload the full fixed files for those of you who don't want to do it yourselves. Have fun with this!

Very cool, if you have the corrected files, we could provide you an FTP link to upload them.

Back