WC4 Capture Transport

Spaceangel

Spaceman
On this mission Decker and marines are dropped off in pods to disable a ground station. After retrieving them and on the way back I receive a message to disable a transport and take control of it.

After blasting the transport with a couple of dumb missiles, it is about 30% in the red zone. How much damage has to be done?

While shooting up the transport I knock off a couple of bandits. Then everything is quite. How do I take control of the transport? I can't communicate with it. I tried sending Decker down in one of the pods and he won't go. So I start back to the Intepid and of course she's under attack and goes down. End of game.

------------------
Time will tell

I don't remember the exact mission but I believe this is the one where you just have to shoot the ship with either leech guns or leech missiles.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Well, I do remember this one; it took me several hours to realize that you have to leech the thing, not inflict damage on it.

Yeah, IIRC there was one earlier in the game and definately one in WC3 where you had to inflict damage so it was quite confusing.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Yep, use the leech guns I say! You will love to fly what you find in it!

TC: I think I know what mission you are refering to (in WC4, that is). This one confused me, too. I didn't get it until I replayed the game and started hammering away at the target out of pure frustration!
smile.gif
Then suddenly, when the damage level was 50% I got the "mission completed" message and the frigate jumped in!
It's in the Speardon system. Out of the three missions available you choose to disable a seemingly unguarded carrier (yeah, right!). That's the route of the game that follows the novel's story, so the carrier should be the TCS Princeton although this is not stated explicitely.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured it out when I forgot to listen to the briefing, hammered away at the ship trying to destroy it and was told my mission was complete...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

The carrier in Speradon is a toughie - take out the fighters, each engine, each turret, and make the carrier go totally red. Then the stupid frigate jumps in. Why one wasn't allowed to leech it is beyond me.

------------------
- Arnav 'Dexter' Manchanda
http://www.blacklance.org/dexter

I never found that mission to be hard. I destroyed it only once by an acident, because I forgot to destroy one of the turets.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Exactly, and I destroyed it because I kept shooting at it. To disable it all turets must be destroyed.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

What are ya aiming at? I never flew the speradon mission to go after the carrier. I mean sure you can get the bearcat and the mace, but you will get the dragon anyway, so...
Circe is almost always the choice I make, if I ever decide to reinstall WC4, I'm sure I'll go after the carrier. Too bad it's not a Confederation dreadnought like in The Price of Freedom.
I liked the part where Sosa takes a shower in Blair's quarters and...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited January 26, 2000).]

In the WC4 novel it also isn't a Confederation class Dreadnought. Like the Lexington, the Princeton is a Concordia class fleet carrier in the game and in the novel. And going to Speradon is much better. I mean you do get the Bearcat if you want to, though you don't get to fly to many missions in it (but the Dragon makes the game to easy), and you can get the Mace or the Starburst/Coneburst. If you go to Circe you don't get anything.
frown.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 26, 2000).]

Ah, but you do! You get to spend a lot more time with Panther! Yes it was a Confederation dread, it was the same class as THE Concordia, Blair was probably the only one who had spent a great deal of time on a ship of that class. It's like the Lexington, that was a Confederation, remember, Blair shot a proximity torp of sorts, it blew up in front of the ship and put one of the TWO hanger bays out of commision when an Arrow crashed.
It's possible I guess they could have been Victory class or Concordia class,(which I don't have much faith in the existance of) but I don't think so.

It wasn't the same class as the TCS Concordia from WC2. At the begining of the novel it says something like that so it can be confusing, but in the middle towards the end of the novel it's said that the Princeton is a Concordia class, and that the Lexington is of the same class. And in the game it's also said that the Princeton is Concordia class, and Concordia and the Lex in the game are the same ship. And the Concordia, just like the Victory has two hangars in the novels, but in games they both have only one hangar. The Lex, and the Princeton are both Concordias. I think it's like that because one of the two authors didn't know that much about the game so he thought the Lex was the Confederation class, but towards the end of the novel the second author fixed it.

------------------
Gen. Patton

That's funny how do you explain the side by side flight and hangar bays of the lex? As far as I can tell concordia classes only have one-center.

That's funny how do you explain the side by side flight and hangar bays of the lex? As far as I can tell concordia classes only have one-center.
And I was wondering how the fighter complement of the Concordia class and the Confederation classes are the same.
OOPS sorry about the double post.

Read the end of my edited post for an answer about the hangars.

The fighter complemets aren't the same, Lex has 96 IIRC, and the Confederation has over a hundred. There is hovewer another simple explenation. The writers were told that the Lex is a Concordia class carrier, and since our favorite ship from WC2 is called Concordia they though that the TCS Cocordia from WC2 was also a Concorida class carrier, that's why they said it's the same class as the WC2 ship. It's never said in the novel that the Lex is Confederation class, just that it's the same class as the Concordia.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Just like the author(S) of false colors was told about the Dreadnought length. Uh-oh.
I may remember differently, or something but Lex was a fleet carrier damaged in the Fleet Action battles and refit, deployed to be run half by the black lancers and half by confed.
A fleet carrier in the novels was the Confederation class if I recall fleet action and end run correctly.
Ah I don't care what is what anymore, WC is becomming less important to me.

No the TCS Concorida was a Confederation class dreadnought, other carriers like Leyete Gulf (sp?) which was in Action Stations are Concordia class fleet carriers.

And please drop the stuff about the Dreadnought. The manuals say so, and the novel says so, so it's 22km. The WC4 novle says it's a Concordia class carrier. The writers made a mistake by thinking that the Concordia in WC2 was also a Concordia class carrier.

And by the way, nowhere in FA or ER is it said that all other fleet carriers are Confederation class.

And one more thing. Yes the writers of False Colors were told that the Dreadnought is 22km long. And they got the right info.

Now, the writers of The Price of Freedom were told that Lexington is a Concordia class carrier, and they assumed that TCS Concordia from WC2 is also a Concordia class ship. That's why they said the Lex and Concordia are of the same class. So it wasn't info given by the Origin to the writers that was wrong, the writers made a mistake.

------------------
Gen. Patton

How do you know this off hand? Do you have every line memorized?
I distincly remember reading about the loss of 3 fleet carriers and 10,000 personnel.

Please read the end of the edited post again.

Yes in a way I do have this memorized, I try to remember all of the important stuff from all WC products, and second, I just finished reading ER, and am reading FA right now. I read ER two times, and am reaidn FA for the second time, so I assume I do know a little about it.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Back