WC3 on Crazy

YCDTD

Rear Admiral
Wow. Much, much tougher. Can't role with my T-bolt on most missions like I used to. The Ekapshi are crazy difficult. At least your wingman get better.

Sometimes it feels more realistic, but other times it is unrealistic (first mission after the Behemoth gets destroyed for instance).

Autoslide has one huge advantage - it allows you to extend the duration of your afterburner fuel considerably.

I think if you got really good at the slide, you'd be able to pull crazy maneuvers like spinning on a dime and shooting at the ships behind you while still maintaining your initial forward velocity. I'm not sure I've heard of people actually consistently utilizing that kind of tactic though. I'm not sure it'd even be that hard, it's just a crazy wacky new mechanic in WC3 compared to what the previous games could do, and most of us were entrenched in our dogfighting habits.

How so actually? I used it mostly for capship attacks and did not find it to be a big help...
I thought is was quite helpful against capships. On Ace or below; yeah, it probably does not offer a huge advantage over normal "hit-and-fade" tactics.

Taking out Pahktans, Vaktoths and Sorthaks with the Arrow also becomes noticeably easier since you do not have to stay on their 6 o'clock and expose yourself to the rear turret fire.

Necro'ing a bit this thread, but this was the most adapted I could find.

I've just done a run of WC III yesterday and today, the first time in years if not a decade. Back then, I was pretty bad overall and cared more about the plot than the gameplay, but here I played in Ace difficulty (yes, I know, not really challenging for most veterans here), and I realized something I never thought I would ever write: I love the Hellcat.

Back in IV, I ditched it whenever possible and disliked it a lot in Saga, with little if any particular memories of it in III. But here, it finally clicked as a highly reliable plane which doesn't really let me down in any mission outside capship runs. Agile enough to outfly most enemies, with a gun selection that has both punch and endurance.

Back