WC Uprez Unity3d Doodle! (Heavy GIF Use, Mobile Users Beware!)

I plan on having the typical LCD distorted display flickering going on + some white noise. the parts that are visible through the damage should still occasionally show information.
Hornet_Cockpit_Front0002.png

It'd be neat to see the spider-cracks in the glass forming. Don't know if that's something you'd want to do or not.

Working hard on RGO - not really able to touch this, when last I left off, I was working on the two remaining screens - the MFDs. I have to code in the display that tracks weapons, and damage, and then the one that displays the status of the target, communications, and navigation. I think I have a good method to do all that stuff in a super modular way - I already wrote a shader that will let me re-use the same art assets for differently palettized color ramps (IE the Dralthi target image can have damaged areas appear red without me needing to give specific art for each damaged area), and also allowing different races ships to have different colored MFD art without having completely separate sets of information. I also sketched out how I'm going to handle the scimitar cockpit (very excited about that!) and have done the base-level work on the valtar and dralthi cockpits. I'm going to turn the dralthi cockpit into a step-by-step tutorial, I think.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.. Speaking of - I can't remember... do the Kilrathi have any allies that would have space fighters? I'd like to balance out the Human - Firekkan alliance a bit.
Also, two tasty bits:
WCRemake220.gif

WCRemake221.gif

WOW! Great Work!!

If I recall correctly, didn't Armada have Kilrathi hands and lags in their cockpits? That could be used as reference.

@Howard Day Didn't the Hornet have two engines? I realize this could be your own creative license, just asking.

About Kilrathi allies...from what I remember the Kilrathi have enslaved or destroyed everyone they meet until humanity showed up.
It had something to do with the N'thrak / Nephilim prophecy that if their world ever falls the Nephilim would return to destroy all live or so.

So allies...very unlikely but maybe they still have some old ships from races they took over or enslaved fight for them or at least have their ships still in service, just not at the front where we would have meet them.

Back