WC: Sins of Solar Empire Conversion

Okay, their mod tool download is down at the moment :(
I downloaded v4.x from download.com and gathered all of the tutorial info from the sins forums, but when I went to do the modelling tutorial (to refresh my 3D brain and get used to the prog) it seems he uses v6 and a few of the options he uses are not in v4.x

I'm trying to get hold of v6 now. Looking at the tutorial given, with the wealth of orthographic ship schematics we have for the WC universe, this might not be too much of a problem.
If I can get t o grips with this, I may be able to provide you with some stuff to work with.

I'll freely admit that I am not an experience or talented 3D artist (though who knows eh?) but I guess it would be very useful to you to have some models that are atleast passable until you find someone better, or my skills improve, no?

I haven't tried it out but there is a free modding tool from XSI that should work for creating models and export them to Sin.
I also think there where some tutorials and the modding tool is also based on the newest version of XSI, its called XSI mod tool v6.

From what I read its basicly XSI with the renderer and polycount limited so you can't do any fancy stuff like movies but gamemodels should work well.

Okay, their mod tool download is down at the moment :(
I downloaded v4.x from download.com and gathered all of the tutorial info from the sins forums, but when I went to do the modelling tutorial (to refresh my 3D brain and get used to the prog) it seems he uses v6 and a few of the options he uses are not in v4.x

I'm trying to get hold of v6 now. Looking at the tutorial given, with the wealth of orthographic ship schematics we have for the WC universe, this might not be too much of a problem.
If I can get t o grips with this, I may be able to provide you with some stuff to work with.

I'll freely admit that I am not an experience or talented 3D artist (though who knows eh?) but I guess it would be very useful to you to have some models that are atleast passable until you find someone better, or my skills improve, no?

All we need is someone who can port the meshes and textures into game engine format. Add my MSN, we'll chat realtime about it.

I'm going to be at the girlfriends place until Monday now, where my power system is (this is 3D after all) so won't be able to even look at any of this again until Monday evening.

What I'll do is do the tutorial, then see if I can get atleast an untextured model worked up before I commit to actually doing this, as I don't want to commit to doing this until I know I'm capable.
If all goes well, I'll add your MSN and we'll take things from there.
Cool?

I'm going to be at the girlfriends place until Monday now, where my power system is (this is 3D after all) so won't be able to even look at any of this again until Monday evening.

What I'll do is do the tutorial, then see if I can get atleast an untextured model worked up before I commit to actually doing this, as I don't want to commit to doing this until I know I'm capable.
If all goes well, I'll add your MSN and we'll take things from there.
Cool?

We already have meshes and textures. But sure, we are here whenever You want to help!

Hang on, so what is the issue?
If you have the meshes and textures, surely all you need to do is download the XSI mod tool, load your stuff into that, save is and use the importer/exporter in the way described in Tutorial_V1_1_.doc.

Maybe I'm just being simple here :D

Hang on, so what is the issue?
If you have the meshes and textures, surely all you need to do is download the XSI mod tool, load your stuff into that, save is and use the importer/exporter in the way described in Tutorial_V1_1_.doc.

Maybe I'm just being simple here :D

You ARE being simple here, unfortunately :/

Back