WC Saga Deutsch-Mod Updated With Fixes & Tweaks (February 22, 2016)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Since its release in late November, the German edition of WC Saga has seen a steady stream of updates. This week's revision brings the game up to version 1.0.4. Various fixes so far have improved how debris and vessels are scanned, tweaked the weapon fire rates, fixed some of the mission dialogue and adjusted the interface to work better at different resolutions. The fiction viewer has also been improved with a variety of usability and text visibility revisions, and support for third party mods has also been enhanced. German speaking players can read more about the updates here and grab the new files here. The English version is available here.

--
Original update published on February 22, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the updates and patches also work on the english version? Would love to have my WCSaga updated. Thanks!

@ChrisReid

Thanks for this news Chris. :) I think there are some translation issues so i comment here the relevant parts:

how debris and vessels are scanned

Vessels: we simply forgot to translate the scan data for some ships.
Debris: there was a missing feature in the engine for translate ship and asteroid "debris".

tweaked the weapon fire rates

Nope. ^^

adjusted the interface to work better at different resolutions

In 1.0.3 I built in a possibility for the player to select one of three color sets for the Fiction Viewer. But i overlooked that my code change produces graphic bugs in the Fiction Viewer if the player select 1024x768 as resolution. Sure, not realy a common resolution, but a bug is a bug. ^^

Anyway, thanks for the news Chris!

@Afrim Kosovrasti

Do the updates and patches also work on the english version? Would love to have my WCSaga updated. Thanks!

There is already a WCSplus compatibility patch which come with our WCSD, but it's not suited to fully upgrade the original WCS. Our plan is to publish the WSC Plus Pack to upgrade WCS to our WCSD level. But the problem is, we are really really tired! ;) It was 3 very hard years full of work, problems and we spent the most time of our free time into the WCSD project. At the moment I can't say when we will start with the WCS Plus Pack project.

Last edited:
Ich bin hin und weg. So beeindruckend diese Arbeit. Bin so gespannt und freue mich es zu downloaden 😃

Back