WC Dreams

overmortal

Bearded Person
I know a thread similar to this one has appeared in the past, but the last one I was present for was a few years ago, so I thought I'd post the question again.

Does anyone here ever have Wing Commander dreams? Or dreams where elements of WC somehow make it into your dream?

Once years ago. It was VERY vivid and realistic with the carrier flight deck looking and feeling like a real one, not like looking at a computer screen. The dream itself was short and actually wasn't a good one at all! I was a pilot, fully suited up, being hurried along to my fighter during some sort of emergency - except all I could think was shit! I don't know how to fly a real fighter. Sorry, but that was the extent of it.

Well fairly recently I had a dream with Rachel from WC3 and it was awesome we were um...well um...ya know um....Riiiiight well anyways I did have a pretty cool dream of some WC Movie stuff. It felt super realistic ...has anyone had a dream where your drowning? and can't swim out? that's a terrible dream :mad:

I've had a couple over the years, but the one that really sticks out was the night my daughter was born. I slept on the little seat by the window, and my my wife was hooked up to one of those finger-clamp pulse monitors. Every time she would shfit in her sleep, the thing would stop reading her pulse and an alarm would go off.

In my dream, I was flying Scimitar, and I was tangling with a Krant. I remember wishing I could get an up-close look at him, but it was too difficult because we were moving so fast, and it was pretty dark. I'd occasionally catch a glimpse of the burnt orange armor and red markings.

Me and this furball were twisting and turning like crazy. I'd be on his tail, and he'd pull away harder than I could follow. I can remember hearing his snarling, and hearing him spitting curses at me in the Kilrathi tongue, and I'd taunt back at him with sweat dripping down my forhead and into my eyes.

Neither of us could keep the other in his sights long enough to make a solid kill. However, every time Staci's pulse alarm would go off, it would translate into a missile warning in my dream, and I'd pour on the afterburners and try to steer towards the incoming missile in the hopes it'd streak past and lose lock.

Finally, one of Staci's relatives called the hospital room to ask how the baby was doing, and I woke from my dream, gasping for air and drenched in sweat. Neither of us was able to gain victory over the other before the dream ended, and so I hope that, someday, I'll meet that furball in my dreams again, and finish what we started.

That's the only really vivid WC dream I've ever had, but it was quite a doozy.

I was starting a new job that required a normal 9-5. But I had been working nights so to adapt and be able to fall asleep at a normal hour I grabbed some sleeping pills. Took the recommanded dose the first day with no effect. Next day I took three times as much and started playing WC thinking I've got at least an hour before they kick in. Started playing and the next thing I know I'm IN the game. It was surreal and very scary.
I was on the Victory and there was a scramble alarm going on. I wasn't Blair, I know that much. Flash of all people called me newbie and told me to get to my fighter. When I got to the flight deck and someone else directed me to a thunderbolt so I got in and was totally perplexed at the controls and had no idea of what to do. Frantically I tried to "start" the fighter but had no clue as to what I was doing (have any of you been in a real space fighter!?).
Anyways after a while they yanked me out of the Thunderbolt. As one of the flight crew is screaming at me and telling me to get off the fglight deck the entire ship shakes. I fall on my ass and look up to see a Dralthi crash through the airlock and into the flight deck engulfing everything in flames.
I wake up the next morning with my face planted on my keyboard.

Wow man that's intense.

It must be because I read this thread - but I actually had a WC dream last night. I dreamt that I was playing WC2 and the Concordia was lost to Grikath. As a result, a cinematic played much like the first Wing Commander, saying that with my carrier gone, I drift endlessly through the void or something. I remember being indignant, as I never heard any mayday calls from the Concordia.

Anyway, I then got excited and logged onto the CIC right away to report that this cinematic actually existed. It was all wierd, really - the mission was in a rapier, but the cinematic was a Ferret. The most realistic feeling was the thought that I had discovered something about the games that no one else had - wierd, I guess.

you guys are messing with my head.

I dream about most new video games that I play a lot at launch. I fell asleep while playing GRAW2 on the first day last year, and I woke up startled when I dreamed bullets were flying at me.

Now that you mention it, Chris, I had a Half-Life dream from playing HL2 a few days ago. It didn't wake me up, though. It just turned into a dream about something else, after a while.

Back