WC:CD "Test" Fighter

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
I was thinking of some sort of test fighter a new class of ship of sorts even. What about a type of missile boat? like loaded to the teeth with missiles, maybe 1 gun or 2 guns. And having it be pretty fast in afterburn but slow in cruise. I've mocked up one a little bit. It's based on another fighter design which you may see of not. but I just wanted to see what you guys think.

Attachments

• Test01.jpg
    Test01.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 220
  • Test02.jpg
    Test02.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 176
I was thinking of some sort of test fighter a new class of ship of sorts even. What about a type of missile boat? like loaded to the teeth with missiles, maybe 1 gun or 2 guns. And having it be pretty fast in afterburn but slow in cruise. I've mocked up one a little bit. It's based on another fighter design which you may see of not. but I just wanted to see what you guys think.

How very TIE Fighter esqe. Doesn't the Devestator already fit that role?

hahah Well I wasn't really thinking of Tie Fighter in Mind but more of as a fighter to quill a certain new type of Nephilim fighter...Smell what I'm cookin?

That's awesome, it looks like a follow-on to the Bearcat and Lance designs. What size would this be, compared to the fighters and bombers in Prophecy?

Your correct about the Dragon. I used Parts of the rear fuse, and modified em quite a little bit, used those launchers from the broadsword...I can see the shrike in there that you see, but I didn't really use anything from the shrike in this one. Nice eye tho

That's awesome, it looks like a follow-on to the Bearcat and Lance designs. What size would this be, compared to the fighters and bombers in Prophecy?

I was thinking for it to be around the size of the shrike, probably a little smaller

Isn't the Wasp allready filling the role quite good?
Big missile load, big booster, one or two guns and when you need big missiles you still got the Shrike or Devestator.

You could make it a stand-off missile corvette:

1) Fighters arrive and engage enemy fighters
2) Corvette arrives
3) Fighters break off and fire targeting discs at the capital ship
4) Corvette fires missiles that track on the targeting discs.

I think you could script that fairly easily, though I'm not sure.

Something else to look at is some of the Design Documents for the WCP - they spell out some additional craft that didn't make it into the game.

I would like to see a corvette type ship in the game, that's something that was rather missing from WCSO. And a frigate too, we don't seem to have one of those in the timeline.

I'm also curious about the "Kilrathi-Midway" mentioned in Star*Soldier.

Yes there was no Corvette on the Confed Side.... I mean I know it's mentioned in Prophecy that the Midway was her "Own" Carrier group but I highly doubt that there wasn't support ships somewhere....Especially with the timeline we're dealing with Confed would of had to make newer ships. With a surplus of older ships I believe too. Maybe not certain cap ships but at least surplus of fighters. I'm thinking on making this a Corvette now also. I'll redo the cockpit area a little bit so that the cockpit is smaller....and also. Take a few of the textures and sharpen them (Mainly the Launchers) I' also asking should we put some type of Cap Ship guns on it... Like those heavy particle or Heavy Plasma type guns? Maybe like 2 guns on it that aren't turrets. and maybe 1 or 2 turrets that are either Meson,Lasers, or mass drivers.. let me know what you think.

I like the corvette idea. You could put turrets where the confed logos are and in the back between engines. The great think is it is somewhat similar to venture class in overall shape.

The model itself looks great BTW

I like the corvette idea. You could put turrets where the confed logos are and in the back between engines. The great think is it is somewhat similar to venture class in overall shape.

The model itself looks great BTW

Thanx :)... So I see that people like it :) now that we've established that it's going to be a Corvette, what kind of Armament should it have? I'm really digging that maybe It should have some type of heavy weapons on it. Or just like a bunch of Light weapons like 8 forward Lasers or something. What do you guys think?

Back