WC:CD "Test" Fighter

a heavy plasma cannon like the hades class?

capship missiles?

edit: I also see a resemblence to privateers centurion now......

fac-notes.jpg
sb-notes.jpg

Here you go - a pair of exceprts from the WCP Ship Design PDF. One details the Fast Attack Craft (Sort of a patrol boat, I think modern equivilent would be a Torpedo Boat) and the second details the Strategic Bomber.

If you're looking for additional craft for your mod, this is a good document to look at.

Thanx :)... So I see that people like it :) now that we've established that it's going to be a Corvette, what kind of Armament should it have? I'm really digging that maybe It should have some type of heavy weapons on it. Or just like a bunch of Light weapons like 8 forward Lasers or something. What do you guys think?

I'd love to see it get eight rapid-firing weapons so you can fire them unlinked, making a constant stream of fire. A wingnut can dream, I suppose...

well i kind of like the idea of this beeing an anti-fighter craft with around 5-6 small turrets and a large pack of imrecs firing from these very good looking launchers.

also what about the name?
what do you think about Defiance class - it's fitting with Venture so it may be good for corvette.
or is there a defiance class already (tried to consult the ship list, but strangely enough I couldn't find it)
or maybe Falcon class. i like the sound of it

There are a few new Nephilim craft in which I've developed, but probably won't be showing in the forums yet, but this craft would be meant to counter these newer craft

Ok guys..Here's it goes these are the official specs..

"Endeavor" Class Corvette
70 Meters
800 Tonnes

Max Velocity 550 with aft
Cruise Max: 260

5 Turrets (4 Meson) (1 rear/ 2 above/ 2 below)
2 Tachyon Front

Missiles:
12 - Tracker MIRV
8 - ELRAR
60 -Mosquito or Dragonfly

Whatya guys think?

I might scale back the turrets - 5 turrets is pretty heavy for a Corvette. 3-4 would be more appropriate. Also, I would re-think a Wild Weasel Corvette. By the nature of their missions Wild Weasels need to be fast and manuverable to avoid incoming fire, and a corvette by any definition fails to meet that requirement. I would give it a loadout of Torpedoes and ELRAR's instead, since you can use the ELRARs at range to disable turrets and then engage with Torpedoes (and the MIRV's are a good choice for a corvette, I think. Perfect for breaking up incoming flights of fighters or bombers!).

I might scale back the turrets - 5 turrets is pretty heavy for a Corvette. 3-4 would be more appropriate. Also, I would re-think a Wild Weasel Corvette. By the nature of their missions Wild Weasels need to be fast and manuverable to avoid incoming fire, and a corvette by any definition fails to meet that requirement. I would give it a loadout of Torpedoes and ELRAR's instead, since you can use the ELRARs at range to disable turrets and then engage with Torpedoes (and the MIRV's are a good choice for a corvette, I think. Perfect for breaking up incoming flights of fighters or bombers!).

So take out the mosquitos and replace with Torps. How bout the light torps like 8 of em

That would be my recomendation, yes. That gives it some stand off ability from fighters, the ability to surpress turrets, and the ability to engage capital ships (In fact, if you ask me, it now fits the "Strategic Bomber" role from the WCP Ship Design file).

Nice design, very nice. And the corvette idea is very cool. Very slow though, then again, it's a corvette. I think it should include some mines. Just in case someone is up the corvettes six, use mines. Also good idea is a Nephilim Barracuda flaw, back turrents, like the Vaktoth, only more.

Not like it matters, but will the corvette be Jump Capable?

Some of the textures are from Scooby Doos models. Please remember...that this is NOT a final model that will be in the mod. The read fuselage i used was from the dragon model. Then that rear snub that I added at one point, was added from scoobys model....the launchers are from the Broadsword... the cockpit area I did... the wings are from scoobies model. and the front fuse is from scoobies model. I scaled it a bit too. I tried contacting scooby but he never emailed me back if I could actually butcher his model and add things...etc...I was going to be redoing the textures, I know that was for sure...But did some scaling in the "Y" on the wings and also the rear fuselage... also move the front fuselage up in the "Y" made the entire model wider. Then added the other effects and also redid the engine area....So I used Scoobie model part of the dragon for the lower rear fuse, used lithunwrap to wrap certain textures like the bottom dragon to use scoobys texture....then used the broadsword textures i made for the launchers and the engines I actually used a texture from one of Howie Day's engine thingys......Phew that was alot. But keep in mind for the overall fighter I kept with Scoobies textures only because this was really just a test to see if people liked it.

1st Image: Is the Endeavor Class up top, Scoobies orginal model below
2nd image: endeavor class on left. scoobie model on right.
3.: Endeavor top, scooby below

It's just really the textures that make it look too much like scoobies ~~~ so I apologize. I had intended them to be changed

Attachments

• compare01.jpg
    compare01.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 120
  • compare02.jpg
    compare02.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 131
  • wiremeshs.jpg
    wiremeshs.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 116
Max Velocity 550 with aft
Cruise Max: 260

5 Turrets (4 Meson) (1 rear/ 2 above/ 2 below)
2 Tachyon Front

Missiles:
12 - Tracker MIRV
8 - ELRAR
60 -Mosquito or Dragonfly

I wouldn't consider afterburners on any capship, even a light one. The turrets might be fine, but the missiles actually seem pretty light for a corvette. You almost don't even consider quantities of missiles on something like this - it's more about the number of tubes and you just assume you can carry far more ordnance than a bomber.

The ship actually looks like one of your better designs.

I took away the Burners they were a little little overkill. I'll be redoing the specs now that I think about it.

Alright well since the last post a few months ago... I've totally redesigned this one....This is to a be a Prototype Test fighter renamed "Avenger"
A new class of fighter designed to be faught in fluid space but hasn't yet made it there yet....The specs are as follows

Cruise: 470
Aft Speed: 1260
3 Turrets (3 Meson) (1 rear/ 1 above/ 1 below)
2 Ionic Pulse, 2 Mass Drivers up front
2x 80 Rocket (Dragonfly) Pods
2x 9 Swarmers
1x 8 Torpedoes
1x 16 IMRECs

I haven't even thought of a class name yet but it is to counter some of the Nephilim ships I conjured up. Just remember this ship was designed to fight in fluid space.

Attachments

• Avenger01.jpg
    Avenger01.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Avenger02.jpg
    Avenger02.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 102
  • Avenger03.jpg
    Avenger03.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Avenger04.jpg
    Avenger04.jpg