Using the Meshes

TonyG

Spaceman
Hi

I've recently found these meshes at the CinC site having previously used the

http://wcmdf.solsector.net/ site.

Do the creators of these meshes have any objections to their being used to create paper models?

If you aren't sure what I mean, check out http://paperstarships.tengun.net/

Put very basically, the .cob files can be modified in the Metasequoia program and converted to a .msq.

The open the .msq in Pepakura. Pepakura lets you unfold the 3D shape to a 2D design complete with fold lines and tabs to glue the model together.

Cut out, fold and glue and - hey presto - you have a desk top model of your favourite ship! Well, in theory. Its takes quite a bit of fiddling to get things right and I still have problems getting the textrures.

However, last night I managed to unfold the TCS Midway. That will make into a model about 12inch long (although I may be able to scale it to 24inch given time).

OK thats the modelling side

Now then, are there any meshes for the Ranger Class, the Tallahasse and the destroyer from WC3? I'm itching to build the TCS Victory and her battlegroup!

TG

TonyG said:
Hi

I've recently found these meshes at the CinC site having previously used the

http://wcmdf.solsector.net/ site.

Do the creators of these meshes have any objections to their being used to create paper models?

If you aren't sure what I mean, check out http://paperstarships.tengun.net/

Put very basically, the .cob files can be modified in the Metasequoia program and converted to a .msq.

The open the .msq in Pepakura. Pepakura lets you unfold the 3D shape to a 2D design complete with fold lines and tabs to glue the model together.

Cut out, fold and glue and - hey presto - you have a desk top model of your favourite ship! Well, in theory. Its takes quite a bit of fiddling to get things right and I still have problems getting the textrures.

However, last night I managed to unfold the TCS Midway. That will make into a model about 12inch long (although I may be able to scale it to 24inch given time).

OK thats the modelling side

Now then, are there any meshes for the Ranger Class, the Tallahasse and the destroyer from WC3? I'm itching to build the TCS Victory and her battlegroup!

TG

basically the mesh of the Ranger-class is on the ftp. Tallahassee is very high poly and I would not recommend to use it.

I could provide you a good model of it. Same for the Caernaven-class...

And you should read the disclaimer if you have any questions regarding copyright issues.

Credits: We presume that artists want proper credit for all uses of their work. Therefore we have a set of reasonable guidelines for each type of use. In spite of the personal opinion of each artists it is presumed that every artist who participates in this site with materials agrees to this also. There are many reasons for this. First is to do the moral and ethical thing by giving credit and recognition to those who have graciously supplied us with wonderful materials. Second is to protect the rights of each artist by helping to keep others from claiming credit for their work. Although rare, there is a problem with this. All we ask is that you credit us. AND most would like to know what you are doing for curiosity purposes. That's the reason we have them online fellas. WE want to see what you are doing with the models.

Copyright: Every image, animation, model, and other forms of artwork on this site are owned by Wing Commander 3D or it's contributing artists. The original concept and design of copyrighted material is owned by Origin. But the model does BELONG to it's creator. The original copyright belongs to Origin for example. These models and other artwork can be used in any way for NON-commercial NON-profit means without expressed written permission. That is why they are public-domain. But that does not mean you can do whatever you want with the artwork. Any use of the models requires CREDIT. All other commercial and/or profit use is prohibited under copyright laws.

Back