Tolwyn Interfaces With WC Saga (January 13, 2006)

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat

A key part of any Wing Commander mod is to get the designs right, and the way players interact outside the cockpit is just as important as how fighter craft handle in space. A WC mod with a Freespace scheme would detract from the atmosphere, but Tolwyn has addressed this by redesigning Freespace 2's interface for the WC Saga project. He's released an example shot to demonstrate this.
The overriding design goal for the new UI was to deliver an interface that makes it easier for people to believe that they are aboard a Confederation carrier. With this goal in mind, gevatter Lars developed several new concepts, of which we have been working hard to integrate into the new UI.
If you look closely at the list of ships, you can see that one of the names has been blanked out. Maybe there's a surprise in store later on.

--
Original update published on January 13, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
That is some neat work brings back memories eh.. I loved the change in these dispalys in WC4 when you deserted to the border worlds.

This reminds me of the short lived lexington

Of course, as another thread just proved, the Hellcat *isn't* a replacement for the Rapier II... (in fact, it's older).

Also, point of fact - the Lexington survived Wing Commander IV. Historically she was only disabled... which is something you can do in Wing Commander IV using leech guns/missiles (you recieve a different 'Paulsen dies' cutscene).

Bandit LOAF said:
Of course, as another thread just proved, the Hellcat *isn't* a replacement for the Rapier II... (in fact, it's older).

Also, point of fact - the Lexington survived Wing Commander IV. Historically she was only disabled... which is something you can do in Wing Commander IV using leech guns/missiles (you recieve a different 'Paulsen dies' cutscene).

History sucks.. I can't believe that historically Blair married Rachel instead of Flint... flint was so much hotter....

Eh, don't cry for Flint -- I'd say that dying in the last ditch attempt that saves mankind is probably a far more romantic end than marrying drunken farmer Blair.

Bandit LOAF said:
Eh, don't cry for Flint -- I'd say that dying in the last ditch attempt that saves mankind is probably a far more romantic end than marrying drunken farmer Blair.

True off course as always LOAF but then again... I like to think that blair was a man with good taste. ;)

Back