This just in; new game staring Nephilim!

Twister

Spaceman
i just recieved this mouths isue of the dutch game magazine Power Unlimited and as soon as i opened it my a picture of Lara Croft cought my eye (can you blame me?:D) and i was very VERY surprised to read the following.

let me translate;
NEXT-GEN LARA; First Details PS2/Xbox
core has anounced a new Lara Croft game...and things are going to change.
first of all, the game is going to have a more grown up(darker, bloodier, and sexier) gameplay and it's about time. Core is working on 6 diffrent storyllines at the moment(the cow milking has begon again), wich should turn out to be somewhat X-files style. although each game has its own plot, one big subplot will be added to all games base around a mythicall race called the !Nephelim!.
an othernew thing is that you will be able to chouse between Lara and heavy Metal dude kurtis.
Roleplay wil play a part of the new saga. if you let lara use her guns alot her skills will develope, levels will have iffrent endings this way.

that's it (i didn't make this up)

And I had hoped we would never see Tomb Raider again...

Now they're even taking WC's ideas...

Just imagine this goes the other way... A female WC pilot with breasts as big as a head of a Kilrathi...

Originally posted by RFBurns
Maybe they intend to bring back Blair somehow in this games version of the bugs. ??

RFB
They could even make a 3d Shooter: You are blair trying to escape from your prison, investigating what the bugs are doing with the humans and what their reel intentions are...

Originally posted by Supdon3
Sure, fifty year old Blair turned Schwarzennegger!:)

[oldblair] damn bugs, they stole my prune juice.
stop running like that. wheres the fire
damn kids today, no respect for thier elders
[/oldblair]

Actually a game starring Dekker would be more realistic and probably really intersting.

Yes maybe. We have seen STTNG Elite Force, so why not a WCP shooter game with a Quake 3 or Unreal engine? It is important that the game has a story, however... Maybe something like Deus Ex in space?

Originally posted by Sonntag
Actually a game starring Dekker would be more realistic and probably really intersting.

Yes maybe. We have seen STTNG Elite Force, so why not a WCP shooter game with a Quake 3 or Unreal engine? It is important that the game has a story, however... Maybe something like Deus Ex in space?

Maybe they could develope two games with the same story, one that is a WC game where you fly fighters and stuff and the other would be a first person shooter from the Marine's perspective on dealing with the alien threat. Like they cant get to the planet/base/capship without the fighters, but they cant take the planet/base/capship without the Marines. I would've suggested one game with those two parts but then i doubt either game would be as good with two in one.

Isnt there another thread with this stuff?:)

Isnt there another thread with this stuff?:) [/B]

I think there are more than 1... but this Idea could be really good (and would be a commercial disaster...)

I dunno if WC: Prophecy ever covered this but Nephilim is actually from The Book of Genesis from the Bible. The Nephilim were hybrids of Man and Angel and they were suppose to be exquisitely beautiful...and incredibly hard to kill. God had to do away with them since he considered their existence to be against his word somehow. I think they were done away with during The Flood.

Also, some other back story can be had by watching "The Prophecy" VHS series with Christopher Walken. Though beware of Prophecy 2...it's rancidly bad...

Originally posted by LeHah
I dunno if WC: Prophecy ever covered this but Nephilim is actually from The Book of Genesis from the Bible. The Nephilim were hybrids of Man and Angel and they were suppose to be exquisitely beautiful...and incredibly hard to kill. God had to do away with them since he considered their existence to be against his word somehow. I think they were done away with during The Flood.

Also, some other back story can be had by watching "The Prophecy" VHS series with Christopher Walken. Though beware of Prophecy 2...it's rancidly bad...

i was thinking about that. I was about to go for a dictinary to look it up.

Originally posted by LeHah

And Prophecy 3 was bad.... very f*****g bad,Daniel against the white angel, what a crapy movie.

Prophecy does, indeed, point out the origins of the word -- in both the ICIS manual and the video sequences.

Originally posted by Sonntag

Er...it's Voyager Elite Force...featuring Tom Wilson! (okay, enough about that...)

Actually, I wouldn't mind a WC FPS game. Or, more precisly, I wouldn't mind ANY WC game! But, as WC is space-combat, first and foremost, I'd like to see one of those first...

BTW, Deux Ex is usually considered an RPG, not a FPS...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Prophecy does, indeed, point out the origins of the word -- in both the ICIS manual and the video sequences.

Really? I played through the entire game and can't remeber ever seeing it. Oh well...time to buty Prophecy Gold! :)

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Er...it's Voyager Elite Force...featuring Tom Wilson! (okay, enough about that...)

Actually, I wouldn't mind a WC FPS game. Or, more precisly, I wouldn't mind ANY WC game! But, as WC is space-combat, first and foremost, I'd like to see one of those first...

BTW, Deux Ex is usually considered an RPG, not a FPS...

[/B]

Yes its Voyager... I mixed it up, it was getting late in Germany...

I mentioned Deus Ex as it is both a FPS and a RPG and one of the greatest games I've ever played, and so an INTELLIGENT WC FPS could be a good idea, however in the first place I'd like to see a conventional WC game, too, but I think a FPS could be cheaper do develop (or maybe not if it includes movies, but these could be made by the game engine, too)

Back