The room

Que?

If what you spake is true, then "I'm in be big trouble. Huh hmm.."

Now where can I find a 3D animation artist who isn't working on Standoff and would be willing to volunteer for WC:RG?

Yeah, they're all rendered 3D scenes. The Firekka's room was done in Truespace 3, the Lionheart's room, Bradshaw's room, and both ships' flight decks were done in Truespace 5, and the Firekka's repair deck in MAX.

You did the Lionhearts room in TS3? It looks like it was bumpmapped, and IIRC TS3 doesn't have the ability to bumpmap.

Iceblade said:
Now where can I find a 3D animation artist who isn't working on Standoff and would be willing to volunteer for WC:RG?

I think you'd be able to find several if you searched. But you'd probably have to show some proof that this project isn't like thousands of others that are just dreamed up and then POOF gone along with everyone's hopes. 3d artists are typically pretty glad to help out but they want to know that the thing is going to make it through all the way.

I came up with this mod a year ago, and I came back to it several months ago. Plus, the only thing holding me back before was the fact that I would have to program each mission. With Flight Commander, there is an editor, and I have my name mentioned with the project. So my honor is at stake. ;)

Lynx said:
Oh man, I meant the Firrekkas room. Damn brain-fingers connection is always buggy. :p
In either case, TS3 does support bumpmapping. :p

What it doesn't support are multi-layer materials, maybe you were thinking of that.

Iceblade said:
I came up with this mod a year ago, and I came back to it several months ago. Plus, the only thing holding me back before was the fact that I would have to program each mission. With Flight Commander, there is an editor, and I have my name mentioned with the project. So my honor is at stake. ;)

Mods that go silent for eight months at a time don't typically entice the A-List Wing Commander artists to their projects. You'll probably have to show some more substance.

At that time, it was just an idea without real substance or direction, only a dream. Now it is more publicly advertised with a website to boot, and I am actually doing more than just dreaming or playing around with WCPPas code.

Granted, though, the engine will be at least half a year away, but there are plenty of things to do in the mean time: fiction, conversions, game balance, weapons, mission plans, and all the other little things needed.

Another thing, though, I hadn't really been thinking about needing a 3D animator, until now.

Now, if only I had the time to spend towards the project's fiction and characters--senior year is pretty busy. There's always the summer. ;)

Back