Technically unrelated...

Maniac II

Rear Admiral
Hey i'm actually trying to get see if anyone can help me with StarLancer. I know its not wing commander, but its still a fun game. My problem is that when i complete a mission and request to land the game crashes (so the only things i've managed to play are the training missions and the first missions). I am running a machine with Vista on it, so i'm really worried that its running into issues with my OS.... Anyone know of anything i can try to remedy? Much appreciated!

it could be issues with your OS, but I do have to ask if you've set the compatability modes or not.

Right click on the executable, go into properties, go into the compatibility tab. For a game of Starlancers age, try win2K/98 mode. Starlancer runs fine for me on XP so that one may be worth a go as well.

Google says that at least one person has it running on Vista with no problems, indicating that this could be a generic bug rather than a Vista-specific one. In which case, check for updates, cant recall if there is one for Starlancer. Reinstalling the game is also worth a shot.

Back