Super Soaker Stockpile Spread Out (July 25, 2010)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
It's been six years since Hades and I took a picture of my Super Soaker collection, and I've gotten dozens of new Soakers since then! Digital camera technology has also come a long way in that time, so it's possible to grab a much nicer and higher resolution image these days too. There's about 330 Super Soaker-branded blasters pictured below, and I have a few stragglers that didn't make it into the shot. To learn more about water guns, check out iSoaker.com.

--
Original update published on July 25, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
...and it's still an insane number of guns. :)

As far as hobbies go, I can't say it's a terribly bad one. Maybe that site that called you a loser for collecting so many super soakers should have another look? :)

...and it's still an insane number of guns. :)

As far as hobbies go, I can't say it's a terribly bad one. Maybe that site that called you a loser for collecting so many super soakers should have another look? :)

I probably don't care to waste bandwidth on the site dedicated to finding unique things and calling them stupid. :) But I am pretty happy I could get them spread out within the frame without looking like a messy pile.

I see mine!

Bottom center, orange with yellow tanks, purple trim/barrel, double barreled with a forward sliding pump grip. I remember when me and the other kids in my neighborhood used to have supersoaker wars.

Very impressive, even more now.

I remember when I first heard about the Super Soakers, I absolutey wanted one. I got a Super Soaker 30, 50 and 100 and they were all much fun but all broke down.

Edit: I don't see the Super Soaker 30 in the picture...

Edit: I don't see the Super Soaker 30 in the picture...

I actually don't have the original brown/orange Super Soaker 30! I have one of the rereleases that was purple and yellow. Fourth from the bottom, second from the left.

You don't have the original one. Oh NO! :D

What do you mean "original one?" :) The most original Soaker there is is the bright yellow one I'm holding up to the camera in the third shot. It's the classic Super Soaker 50 (which I have autographed by the original inventor of the Super Soaker). I also have a prototype of the same gun before it was assigned a model number, as well as a chrome collectors edition, limited camo release, etc. They're right in the center.

I actually don't have the original brown/orange Super Soaker 30! I have one of the rereleases that was purple and yellow. Fourth from the bottom, second from the left.

I am at my parents' this weekend, I'll check if by chance my orange Super Soaker 30 is still in a box or something. But chances are slim and if it's still there, I guess it won't work.

Ahh, that could be what Ptarmigan meant. That would be great. Because there are so so many color variations, I don't go out of my way to get a different color combo that I'm missing, but I certainly wouldn't turn one down!

Dude that is amazing. And here I was lamenting that these awesome things were going out of style. I just haven't seen them on the shelves of department stores in a very long time. My cousin and I were huge fans when we were little till they all eventually broke down. :( Great times....

At least if you live in the US, you should be seeing them everywhere. Target, Toys R Us, Walmart, etc, get a bunch of new Super Soaker models every year.

Ahh, that could be what Ptarmigan meant. That would be great. Because there are so so many color variations, I don't go out of my way to get a different color combo that I'm missing, but I certainly wouldn't turn one down!

So, I didn't do the most thorough search imaginable but I did look in the most likely places and sadly found nothing. But if it turns up, I'll think of you!

It must simply be my local walmart. Although in all honestly I haven't checked that closely. In any case, that is an excellent interview Chris! Congratulations! Just watching it brings back so many awesome memories. :D

Chirs,
i just viewed the piece and it is really amazing, very impresive collection, very cool.

Let's see...

I remember using the following ones:
- from bottom-left: second of the forth row (other colors, though. Orange with a yellow tank IIRC)
Now that I read the thread: Super Soaker 30. It didn't live long, though.

- the mini super soaker (right side from the tree shadow) in blue with the yellow tank. I still got that one, I think...

- from bottom-left: sixth of the sixth row (man that one was heavy when the tanks were full, can't recall how it was called)

- the blue one that is four rows above the one I just mentioned. I think that's a SS100

- the bright green one with the purple tank that is right of the minis, don't know the model number

Nice collection.

Back