Star Wars: Squadrons - WC people playing it?

Ghost

Emperor
Hi All,

So anyone here is playing Star Wars: Squadrons ?

It is a fun and ok-eyish game with a lot of things pending of fixing.

IF anyone one to add me, Steam ID: Maarek Stele.

I'm up on PSN playing it (username is the same as here). I'm somewhere around level 11. I think its a real good time, especially with PSVR

I got it for christmas and just beat it. here are my thoughts from another messageboard I post at.

The campaign is very hard, I am a veteran of games like wing commander and tie fighter and I found this game to be super hard. Even when they explain things, some of it does not quite make sense. I feel like this game suffers from AI only shoot you and none of your wingmates. Reminds me of battlefield bad company in that way. The gameplay and mission structure are really good, but it is punishing every step of the way. Especially the last mission, No matter how fast or many bombers I shot down the corvettes would lose shields quickly.

As far as the story goes, the nuts and bolts of it are fine, but this game adds very little to the lore overall. but by god is the dialogue and writing bad, especially on the new republic side. I didnt really connect with any wing mates on either side of the conflict, they all were very one note, but I did like them a little more on the empire side

As hard as the singleplayer is, I have found the multiplayer to be far easier, my 2nd match ever I went 14-2 in dogfighting. I tried fleet battles, but like most multiplayer games, no one talked or worked together. I dont see this mode holding my attention.

Over all I thought it was a decent game 7.5/10. I will say also the trophies seemed to be glitched. I beat the game on veteran, never changing the difficulty and the trophy did not pop for me. I got the game on sale for 25 bucks and felt like it was worth the money overall.

As hard as the singleplayer is, I have found the multiplayer to be far easier, my 2nd match ever I went 14-2 in dogfighting. I tried fleet battles, but like most multiplayer games, no one talked or worked together. I dont see this mode holding my attention.
When I fly with friends for voice chat we use our own discord, since voice chat ingame is a mess, I have to hear peoples households, or just loud static since they appear to have no idea they their mikes are open, mind you you can mute individual people's voice activity on the scoreboard or ingame.

When I play alone, I mute my mic until spoken to. But also mute those who resort to trashtalk or start screaming, let those people play fortnite or whatever floats their goat.

Back