Standoff Wrapper in OSX 10.8 Still Works...

wcnut

Rear Admiral
Just to let you know that the wineskin port still works with the new Mountain Lion release. There is however one caveat: in order for the application to run in gatekeeper, you must right click on the application and click open, It will say "are you sure" and click "yes." Fortunately you would only need to do this once. Unfortunately due to the very nature of wineskin, there is no practical way to code sign wrappers. Not to mention code signing requires that the file integrity inside the application be the same at all times. It would simply break as soon as Standoff created a new save file or changed a preference.

[Edit] Also there is one other caveat, as of now xquartz must be installed, which it is no longer by default. Due to a missing library the wrapper would just bounce up and down and not launch. This will be fixed with a wineskin update, but i fear newer versions would drop the 10.5 support.
But I will upload this new version when it is out as it also should be more stable and fix a "grey screen of death" issue I have been having in lion/mountain lion with other wrappers.

Back