"Spaghetti" Comic

Eh, the magazine was (and still is) run by Nintendo.. Make note of the way things are reviewed, and take the "gaming" aspect with a pinch of salt.

Wow, WCU is getting bigger. First, it was the Space Viking on WCA. And here we have Nester.

Eh, if you want to get technical, we had Nester in the WCU waaaay before we had this space viking person.

ChanceKell said:
Eh, the magazine was (and still is) run by Nintendo.. Make note of the way things are reviewed, and take the "gaming" aspect with a pinch of salt.

Eh, at least they had decent bonuses way back when they were primarily an advertising/hint magazine. I remember joining them when they were giving away copies of Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy for the NES. :D

Ah, but those were the days.

Haesslich said:
Eh, at least they had decent bonuses way back when they were primarily an advertising/hint magazine. I remember joining them when they were giving away copies of Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy for the NES. :D

Ah, but those were the days.

And their current bonus is a free Gamecube disc with four classic Zelda games. They still have decent bonuses.

AdmiralHuang said:
How did the fans take this one back in the day? I've never owned a Nintendo console.

You have to remember that in 1992 there wasn't an internet full of teenagers ready to complain about every little thing. (G) Now, those were the days... :)

ChrisReid said:
And their current bonus is a free Gamecube disc with four classic Zelda games. They still have decent bonuses.

Sweet. Now if they'd get me some old-fashioned Final Fantasy on GBA as a bonus, I'd get a subscription in an instant. :D

I used to get N power way back when. Not a bad hint mag, but no really use except for nintendo to advertise there own games.

The comic was horrible too.

True

Bandit LOAF said:
You have to remember that in 1992 there wasn't an internet full of teenagers ready to complain about every little thing. (G) Now, those were the days... :)

Oddly enough, I do agree with that. On the other hand, free speech is a good thinig.

AdmiralHuang said:
Oddly enough, I do agree with that. On the other hand, free speech is a good thinig.

This reminds me of an incident that happened in college, when I was still working for Gamestop. My Assistant Manager, who wasn't the sharpest tool on the block, was frustrated and this lady who had no knowledge of Gameboy kept asking him questions to issues she wasn't familiar with. He was getting irritated and kept insulting her and blowing her off, and when she left the store, he said out loud "I hate stupid people who ask stupid questions!"

She told her husband and he became pissed and contacted the store manager about it. And when my manager confronted the assistant manager about this, the culprit said "Free Speech!!!!!!"

Let's just say the idiot didn't last very long after that.

Back