Something in WC4+WCP that bugged me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDog243

Rear Admiral
I think the only thing i didnt like about WC4+WCP was the fact that everybody else in the game had thier Callsign on their uniform while Blair and Casey had their names on it. In Wing 3 i liked it because the last names were on all uniforms and that it the way it should be. Im not saying we should have assigned callsigns, I'm just saying the last name should be on the uniform for all.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Well, one of the problems with using one's last name on the uniform, in WC4, is that Seether wasn't given a first/last name, in either the game or novelization. Besides, knowing it was Charley "Seether" Smith would be kinda a let-down (more so than the character actually was), no?
smile.gif

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, what's wrong with Smith??? I personally think it is quite a nice name
smile.gif
<j/k>

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Well in seethers case I think it would be fine to make an exception, but as for other confed pilots I think I would feel out of place. i could just see it.

"Blair? What kind of stupid ass callsign is that?"

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

He's not saying that the last name should be the callsign, he's just saying that all the last names should be on the uniforms. So Blair would be on the uniform but his callsign would be Maverick. (Like it was)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Maniac... Oh, no, wait! That one's taken...
smile.gif

------------------
A gun rack? I don't own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

Admiral Tolwyns callsign is never given in any of the novels, or games. Kevin Tolwyns callsign is Lone Wolf.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

He was, he graduated in 2634, and along with Vance Richards, Winston Turner and Hans Kruger he went to find information about the Kilrathi plans to attack the Confed. When the battle of McAulife started he was flying a Wildcat class fighter from the TCS Concordia.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I think the Concordia in WC2 which was a Confederation class dreadnought was build somewhere betweem WC1 and WC2 IIRC, the Concordia from Action Stations was a Concordia class carrier, she was new and "died" soon after the battle of McAuliefe, she suffered heavy damage and was abondend before she blew up.

------------------

AFAIK there were three. The Concordia class carrier (same class as the Lexington and Princeton in WC4)in AS, Concordia class super cruiser in WC movie and movie novels, and the Confederation class dreadnought from WC2 and some novels.

------------------

Wasn't the Concordia in the movie supposed to be the same ship from Wing 2, ship classes aside?

------------------
A gun rack? I don't own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

I don't think so, maybe they named it that for the same reason as some other names. To give some familiar names from the games. If they would want to make it the same ship, I think in the Confed Handbook they would clasify it as a Dreadnought or Heavy Carrier instead Super Cruiser. And I don't think that Concordia was around at that time.

------------------

Yeah, you're probably right.

------------------
A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

I wonder why it was ever called Concordia in the first place? It's not a standard carrier name (neither is Tiger's Claw). BTW, Concordia is Latin for "harmony", which may explain why the ship we all know (and possibly love?) is named that.

------------------
A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

Some of the carriers seem to be named after battles:

Midway-Battle of the Midway
Lexington-Battle of Lexington
Concordia-Battle of Concord
Tarawa, I think is also named after a battle.

Is that better?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 15, 2000).]

Yeah, Tarawa was a World War 2 battle in the Gilbert and Ellice Islands, in the Central Pacific. The U.S. kicked Japan's butt here in November of 1943. "And that's a fact, Jack!"-- Maniac Marshall.

And I don't think the Concordia was named after the Battle of Concorde, or else it would have been called Concorde. I think the carrier was trying to keep harmony throughout the galaxy by putting an end to the Kilrathi threat, and so it was named after the Latin word concordia, meaning "harmony."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited January 15, 2000).]

Oh please do so. I don't realy care, english isn't mine native language and I'm not going to start using a dictionary when I type. So corretct as much as you want.

------------------

Can I correct as much as I want?
smile.gif

------------------

Why not, if you're realy that bored. Wait I'll just go back and correct it myself.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back