Sim question

HammerHead

Rear Admiral
I the screenshots you've posted on the site it appeared that the Mace missile was as powerfull as it's original WC2 specs. (meaning - blast a ship with a single hit, and with a big BANG).
In the sim however, the mace is just like a dumb-fire torp...?

No, it just takes some practice to use it well. It explodes after flying a certain range... so if you fire it between a bunch of ships that are more or less at that range from you, they'll all get nuked.

And capships... although it will nuke only one or two componenents (if they are close enough to each other).

how to tactically nuke correctly

The first thing I did was master the mace. Mission 1 in the sim is a good place to practice. Allow the enemy fighters to get within a certain range and then let 'er rip. After a few shots you'll find you can take out the entire group of fighterss. It just takes a couple of trial runs to get a feel for the range. The Mace missle make the morningstar almost as sweet as the wraith, but not quite. While I miss the reaper cannons I forgot how kickass the wraith can be. I feel like im cheating anytime i take it for a test drive in the sim.

Ummm...
And how is "alswantsmoreships" activated?
When do type it?
In flight?
In ship selection?
In main screen?
Do I press enter?
Does CAPS matter?

You type "alswantsmoreships" in small letters when you are at the screen where you select your simulator mission and ship. This will unlock the extra player-flayble ships in the sim.

On the topic of the Morningstar, I have noticed that if I hit 'g' twice (changing to full guns and then back), the left cannon skews noticably upward. Like it has suddenly jumped a foot higher on the model. Then I can't find a way to go about fixing it short of ending the simulation and going back in.

Back