Ships Stats :)

Originally posted by Quarto
I don't know if it physically can't fit inside the hangar...

Well, that's the case with my CVE model, but I think that's only because it's inaccurate :p

--Eder

Wouldn't matter... End Run mentions that the CVEs use modified Sabres because the Broadswords wouldn't fit (or something, I can't remember). The Raptor is the size of a Broadsword, so... :p

Maybe they were talking about the Height....not Length....Tha Raptor is not as "tall" as the Broadsword

well, the F-57-B (two seat sabre used in end run) was created specificly for the CVEs because there wasn't enough hanger space for the Broadswords. that comes from end run. whether that means height of length, it doesn't say, but the broadsword wouldn't fit and since the raptor is the same size (though i doubt this cause the WC2 fighters get smaller and then the WC3 fighters get bigger, but for the sake of argument i'm gonna use those stats as if they were holy writ) the raptor wouldn't fit. here endith the lesson

Originally posted by Quarto
Actually, I think the Raptor is taller than the Broadsword :p.

Judging by the side images in the take-off i think that is the other way, the Broadsword is taller than the Raptor

Can't speak for Origin, but my Raptors are 1.969m taller than my Broadswords. :p

--Eder

Hm.....I think you made the Raptor Huge!!! Its not that big.....is it ?who knows........ :(

I agree with Ghost,Broadswords are more massive and bigger than Raptor...

Anyway ,its your Project Eder ;)

Actually, Raptors are taller than Broadswords. The problem is that in the WC1 Launch sequence, the Raptor doesn't look NOWHERE near 36m long... unless you consider the people in the launch sequence to be 4 meters tall.

Check out this comparison picture. On the left, a Broadsword graphic from WC2, and a Raptor drawing from Claw Marks. On the right, the same images, but with my models on top (the yellow outlines). The red line is 208 pixels tall, and the blue line is 202 pixels tall...
comparison.gif

You can conclude a few things from this:
1- My Broadsword should be about 20cm taller.
2- The Raptor is 50cm taller than the WC2 Broadsword and around 70cm taller than my Broadsword (notice that I've measured the Broadsword to 36 meters WITHOUT the rear guns... with the guns, the Raptor would be taller by a larger margin.)
3- My Raptor is damn inaccurate :D

--Eder

Hm.......well,you cant Compare those 2 by pics Eder.....Maybe the 2 pics are not in the same Scale.......
You know what I mean ??

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Eder,I think that Rapier 2 should not have the same P/Y/R with an Epee.....

Why not? The WC2 manual and the WC2 in-game data says that they should have the same P/Y/R, so they do...

About the pictures.... no, I don't know what you mean :p
Both of them obviously show the ships as having the same length (36 meters), but differ in the height... and like I said, if I measured the Broadsword to 36 meters WITH the rear guns, then the Raptor would be taller by almost 2 meters.

--Eder

Well,on second thought you are right on Both Eder.......

About the Rapier/Epee , that always bothered me in the Wc2 Manual...it doesnt seem right....anyway,I m not the one who takes decisions :p

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
About the Rapier/Epee , that always bothered me in the Wc2 Manual...it doesnt seem right....anyway,I m not the one who takes decisions :p

I know what you mean... both the Rapier and Epee maneuver better than all other Confed ships in Standoff... But with the Rapier, you have a better chance of staying alive for long enough to notice this :p

--Eder

Hehe, survival problems in an Epee do not imply anything about the game's overall difficulty :).

Hm.....thats also true Quarto ...I always hated that ugly useless ship anyway :)

I never choose it in UE ,I hated flying it back in WC2

oh, come on. the Epee wasn't THAT bad. wasn't as good as the hornet, rapier 1, scimitar, raptor, ferret, rapier 2, sabre, broadsword, morningstar, crossbow, arrow, excalibur, hellcat 5, thunderbolt 7, longbow, bearcat, banshee, avenger, vindicator, or dragon, but it's better than a...........um...........nevermind.

Back