Selling my collection of space combat sims...

emitcollect

Rear Admiral
Hey folks, long time no see....

Not sure if this is against forum rules or not, so feel free to delete if this is. Long story short, I'd like to unload a bunch of games I've accumulated over the years, a large portion of which are space combat sims, from Elite to around the Freelancer period.

I still need to put together a proper inventory, but there are a number of Wing Commander gems, first and foremost being the signed, sealed copy of Wing Commander 1 from Chris Roberts' personal collection that I won during the early days of Star Citizen crowdfunding. (I hate to part with it, but am happy to pass it on to someone who will value it as much as I have.)

I believe there's also a sealed WC1 from some promotional run, and a sealed non-Premiere WC3 and WC4. Much more that isn't sealed but in very good condition, complete or near-complete. I'm planning to put this stuff on eBay, but listing is such a chore, so I'm happy to let you guys take a crack at it first. Idk!

If this is forum-kosher and people are interested, I'll follow up with a complete inventory.

Hey there! This post is just fine... and I'd be happy to look at whatever Wing Commander items you have!

Woof, sorry this took so long, but all my stuff was stored at my parents' house, and it took me this long to ship it over and start photographing.

Here's a link to a photo album: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0M532ODWJJns10

Note that there are two copies of Wing Commander 1: one is the copy I won from CR from being the Star Citizen backer who put in the millionth dollar. It's autographed and from his personal collection. The only flaw I can see is a bit of corner compression on the front, bottom-right corner.

The other copy is a standard promotional release copy.

More to come! (Also let me know if you're interested in non-Origin space sims.)

Woof, sorry this took so long, but all my stuff was stored at my parents' house, and it took me this long to ship it over and start photographing.

Here's a link to a photo album: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0M532ODWJJns10

Note that there are two copies of Wing Commander 1: one is the copy I won from CR from being the Star Citizen backer who put in the millionth dollar. It's autographed and from his personal collection. The only flaw I can see is a bit of corner compression on the front, bottom-right corner.

The other copy is a standard promotional release copy.

More to come! (Also let me know if you're interested in non-Origin space sims.)

Any idea how you'd like to sell these? I'd be interested in the autographed WC1 and Privateer playtesters guide.

Any idea how you'd like to sell these? I'd be interested in the autographed WC1 and Privateer playtesters guide.
PayPal works.

Note that the autographed WC1 is currently up on eBay for $4,999.99. I can be haggled, though.

For the Playtester's Guide or anything else, quote me whatever's fair to you. (DM me, I guess?)

Also, in case it's not apparent, the front, bottom-right corner of the Playtester's Guide is a little worn. Otherwise the book is in pretty tight condition.

That seems rather steep. For comparison, a Mark Hamill autographed WC CCG card right now is listed for $350 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-Hamil...h=item260f0c5764:g:sk8AAOSwOt5cKp3T:rk:5:pf:0
It's hard to know how to value it, since there isn't really a precedent for it (that I'm aware of). In my mind. it's basically the ultimate space sim collectible, and if I had deep pockets, I'd pay $10k for it. Is there someone else out there who values it similarly? No idea!

(Bear in mind this isn't a random copy of WC1 that CR autographed--it was one of his ten personal copies.)

There might be someone willing to pay that - plenty of big spenders in the Star Citizen community! Can't hurt to keep it up there and see where it goes. :)

(I'd be interested in that Privateer CD!)

That seems rather steep. For comparison, a Mark Hamill autographed WC CCG card right now is listed for $350 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-Hamil...h=item260f0c5764:g:sk8AAOSwOt5cKp3T:rk:5:pf:0

That much? I need to dig mine out next time I'm in the same country as my WC collection. I don't remember if I won it or paid for it; since I was in school/ university last time I went mad Wing Commander bidding I feel like I'd remember paying $350.

As for 5k; yeah that's higher than the value I'd place on it for me personally.

I'll DM you with a number for the playtesters guide once I've looked into what it tends to go for.

The $350 Blair card has been listed there for a while, I don't think it'll ever go for that. But that's less the autograph and more the lack of interest in the context. Star Wars fans wanting a Mark Hamill autograph will want it on an old Topps card or something... while most Wing Commander players don't even know/care there was a Wing Commander card game. A Chris Roberts on Wing Commander with a Star Citizen connection on the other hand might be the best possible option for someone in that world. (I don't think it'll sell quick but it could be worth that money someday!)

Back