secret ops disscontinuation

Spaceman
I am a longtime Wing Commander fan. I started playing from WC1 and have owned just about every episode and offshute of WC since then. Upon returning home from a 9 month deployment to Bosnia I purchased WC prophecy from my local software store. I soon completed the game and found that there was a add on to WC Prophecy and that Origin was giving it out for free I was extremely excitied. I soon found out however it is no longer avaliable. I have to repurchase the game with the SO included or purchase via credit card. I like many other people do not give out credit card numbers as I have been burned before. Does this mean I have to buy a whole new copy of the game? I dont think I should have to buy anything if it was given out for free. I was beyond my control that I could not be here to follow along weekly. My duty called for me to go overseas, where there isnt exactly any time to be on the computer. I sincerely hope Origin will reconsider discontinuing Secret Ops over the internet.

SO was a limited time offer, it's been debated to death on here, seriously. Two administrators, who shall remain nameless, got the idea drunk, it passed out, and they drug it into the woods and beat it to death. Since then, noone has seen or heard from the idea...until now. But seriously, it was a limited time offer. Alot of people didn't get it when it was free. I didn't, because I didn't have internet access at home. If you *just* returned from a 9 month TOD, SO was available LONG before you left. August of 98 was when it came out I think. Not sure. With Prophecy Gold you DO get another copy of WCP, but look around on ebay, most places allow you to use Money Orders, checks, etc, and you can usually find a copy for cheaper than the shipping to get it to whereever. But I sincerely doubt that OSI is going to reconsider SO. They've already killed their WC: Online project, so I doubt they're doing much in the way of WC at all now. It's all Ultima Online 2. Like I said, head over to http://www.ebay.com and do a search for WCP Gold, and you'll find *alot* of matches.

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
and WCPgold looks nicer
smile.gif

anyone else here been lucky as hell when it comes to WC? I managed to get a copy of KS when it was available in stores and I got SO off the net when it was free. And i also managed to find someone who was giving away their collection... MAN.. there are people on this board who would kill for my luck...

I'd kill just to have KS, and the HD space to put it.
smile.gif
My MP3 collection is getting too large for 3.2 gigs
smile.gif

------------------

I've had some luck
I bought WC2, and Academy for $1 each. Downlaoded SO off the net. Played WC3 on cousins computer, got KS (With only WC1) free from PC Gamer...
Not quite as good, but I never have looked for the games, all have fallen into my lap.

Well, I just found End Run on Amazon a few days ago and ordered it. It did cost me, however, 25 bucks. I think it`s worth it.

I found one lonely copy of Pilgrim Stars in my local bookstore for about 8 American dollars - quite a find considering WC isn't very big where I come from.

Knight: What's more important to you - WC or MP3s? I think we all know what your answer should be
wink.gif

Whoa, whoa! Hold it. Penguin, you found a WC book in New Zealand?! That's just plain unfair!

I was in the same boat as you.
I found a copy of Prophecy gold new on Ebay for $35.00
smile.gif

I might have another copy coming if Chips & Bits gets more in.They still have my money for the one thats on backorder from over a month ago.Maybe but I don't think so.
The next auction I seen went for $37.00,then $77.00.
I am glad I did not wait any longer.
I can't wait until Wing Commander 3 Heart of The Tiger Premiere Edition gets here.It comes in a movie film can.

Quarto: What's so unfair? You've played more WC games than I have so ultimately I think you have the upper hand
smile.gif
Anyways if you want books, either order them or keep a close and regular eye on your local bookstores - you never know what you'll find. Just make sure you check the entire shelf - Pilgrim Stars was tucked away in a corner. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been checking out some fantasy books nearby. Today I found a single copy of a book I've been hunting for the last 6 months. My theory is - go into the store with absolutely no expectations. Then you'll find what you're looking for. If you go in deliberately looking for something in particular, chances are it won't be there.
Incidentally the book I found today is entitled Force of Eagles by Richard Herman. If it's anything like his other books it should be good.

Penguin: Yeah, but you're in New Zealand
smile.gif
. You should only be able to get sheep and sheep-related products
tongue.gif
. So unless that Pilgrim Stars was printed on sheep-skin parchment, I must protest!
Your theory is good though. It always works like that. I remember spending a good few months hunting for Priv 2 (waste of time, it turned out), and then... just running into it. Of course, when I finally ran into it, I found about ten copies in the same store, including both the Deluxe and original editions
biggrin.gif

Hey 429 you can download the game from the secretops website but you'll have only one episode in it so you can check out how T.C.S:Cerberus looks and its a cool cruiser too!

Well since your in the army you got a be lucky one like having an M-16 on your hands and blowing up enemies when you need to now thats purely real action remember wacth your TAIL solidier!

<Sarcasm> Why yes, of course. Anybody who gets to kill other people should consider himself lucky...</Sarcasm>

I hate to disappoint you, but here in Moscow, Russia, on far side of universe, some supermarkets and big comp stores sell WCP and WCPG freely. Strange things happens in the world...

Rider said:
Hey 429 you can download the game from the secretops website but you'll have only one episode in it so you can check out how T.C.S:Cerberus looks and its a cool cruiser too!

Well since your in the army you got a be lucky one like having an M-16 on your hands and blowing up enemies when you need to now thats purely real action remember wacth your TAIL solidier!

I don't mean to be mean, but are you really that stupid, or are you just completely insane?

------------------

I have a feeling that he won't be answering that for quite a while.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I guess I shouldn't say anything, we were all 14 going on 2 at one time or another
smile.gif

------------------

Back