Running Privateer/rf/armada/pg In Windows: Howto

Stuck with Proving Grounds Multiplayer

Hi all,

I'm stuck trying to pull a multiplayer match together for Armada's Proving Grounds. My friend and I can both get into the game fine when EMS=true, but when EMS=false, we both get the same error message: "Network driver detected. Cannot switch to protected mode safely." If we leave EMS=true, we are unable to see each other in the Proving Grounds interface. We both have IPX=true. Any ideas?

-Chris

Additionally, we are both using Dosbox .72

You should use HCl's Modified DOSBox .65 It should work fine then. That's what I've used when Chris and I have played.

Thanks, D. Downloaded the link, though I get this error message when I try to run HCL's dosbox: "...SDL_net.dll was not found..." Do I need to add HCL's files to the full version of dosbox .65 to run it?

Here's the CIC Guide to getting it setup. I'm not sure exactly what is causing that, but someone should be able to answer it soon for you.

EDIT: For quicker help you could always drop into #wingnut on IRC as well. The IRC link is at the top of the page between scoreboard and logout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, D. Downloaded the link, though I get this error message when I try to run HCL's dosbox: "...SDL_net.dll was not found..." Do I need to add HCL's files to the full version of dosbox .65 to run it?

Did you put HCl's netbios 0.3 dosbox executable into your 0.72 DOSBox directory? SDL_net.dll is included in DOSBox 0.65 through 0.72, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Wing commander privateer Rightious fire had voices when talking to people such as bar tenders or clients, i know theres voices in the intro and when you fly your ship and talk to people in space, but on my game there is only Text is there a way to get voices in game? I'm using Dosbox latest version, the original privateer works fine and has voices all over, but not the expansion RF why?

Back