Report High Scores?

capi3101

Admiral
Hi, all. I've missed this somewhere along the line, but how do I go about reporting a high score for the standings boards for the Kilrathi Gauntlet?

Also, just out of curiosity, why is there no entry for the Hornet on any of the scoreboards?

1. make sure you have the lastest Standoff version installed. If the version is too old, scores will be discarded on the server. You can use the autoupdate feature to keep uptodate.
  2. start the Standoff launcher, and check the scoreboard option at the bottom of the options menu. Type your forums handle below.
  3. play a sim mission while connected to the internet.

Aw...so there's no way to report a score after the fact if you haven't got that options turned on? (I suppose I could just say I got xx on the gauntlet for fighter yy here on the boards and hope the hell everyone believes me......).

Aw...so there's no way to report a score after the fact if you haven't got that options turned on? (I suppose I could just say I got xx on the gauntlet for fighter yy here on the boards and hope the hell everyone believes me......).

That's correct. The options have to be set in order for a score to be sent to the CIC.

After I reset my settings, I noticed that the background imagery had changed in the gauntlet. The gauntlet also runs slower in general, too slow to be acceptable on my computer. I've tried changing the settings back, to no effect. Any idea what may be going on here, and how I might go about fixing it? If I have to reinstall, is there a way to change my current set of high scores?

The parameters that most like will slow down your game are the HDR (bloom) effect and the antialiasing. Try disabling HDR and/or reducing the antialiasing factor. The score-submitting option should not change anything to the way the game is rendered.

Thanks; I'll give it a shot and let y'all know how it turns out.

Any idea why it made such a radical change, though? Literally, all I did was have the game start reporting scores, and boom. I suppose I did clear the gauntlet in the previous game, but that shouldn't have changed anything, should it?

Saving your new settings may have overwritten Standoff's configuration, including the graphics settings. If you haven't changed the configuration since earlier episodes, it's possible that this most recent change added new default values for the graphics.

Probably they changed them back to a configuration used by an earlier version of the game...I only downloaded Standoff a few weeks ago, and I grabbed the latest version.

Now that I think of it, IIRC I had to reset the preferences is one of the update I pushed via the automatic updates. Sorry about that.

No biggie. How do I go about fixing it? Same as what you suggested above, or is there something else I should try first?

...and that did the trick. HDR was already off, but lowering anti-aliasing to zero reset it to the way it was. Thanks, PopsiclePete.

Great ! What are your system specs, BTW ? If you have an nVidia card, getting the lastest drivers might help, too.

Let's see...specs for the machine on which I'm running Standoff:

AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor (2.9 GHz)
2.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 SP1

Got an older rig, but I don't do a lot of gaming any more, so it works just fine for me. I am running onboard video; IIRC, it's an nVidia 6200 equivalent, so updating my drivers might help...if they still support something so ancient...

(Updating my video card is not a priority at this juncture of my life, so no digs from any lurkers. Seriously.)

Question: I've noticed that there are scoreboards for the Tarsus, but the Tarsus is not one of the options for a craft I can fly on any of the simulator missions. Was the Tarsus removed from the lineup at some point, is it a craft I have to unlock, or what?

Yes, it was removed when we released episode 4, IIRC.

About your video card driver, it's fine; a 6200 wouldn't be better supported by the newer drivers.

Back