Rendered Model

Antman

Spaceman
harekhrender.png

That model is rather strange...it doesn't really look kilrathi to me. It seems you attempted to combine the roundness of the wc2 models with the assymetricality(spelling?) of the wc3 models, but IMO these two aspects cannot be combined well, not matter how hard you try. It needs some additional detail, eiter textur- or modelingwise, like sunken in areas for windows, some technical details like pipes and gratings at some places, and somethe whole models should have harder edges, that would make the texturing more easy( some of the texture positions are screwed up) and the buzzard collectors should be more integrated with the hull. Even in most of the rather blocky WC3 capships, details like buzzard collectores weren't just sitting on the ships hull, but more or less fluently connected with the hull. Which modelling program are you using, btw?

I wish I knew what Lynx was talking about, cause Assman IP banned me from his site and therefore I can't see what pictures he posts :)

Antman said:
I don't watch Babylon 5, so I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

you should know it better, it is your creation afterall. If you ask me: it doesn'T look like a Kilrathi vessel afterall

Yes, it is my creation, but I don't see the relation to B5, because I have never seen B5. However, how do you know it isn't Kilrathi-like? In WC2, we had really round Kilrathi ships, in WC3, a few years later, we had really angular ships. Who is to say that 30 years later, in 2700, they wouldn't look like this?

Watch your tone of voice around Tolwyn or you won't be around here for long. Not only is he the head guy of WC Saga (the project you badmouthed), he is also the moderator here.

Antman said:
Odd, how I have shown it to other people, and they say it's great. It's only -this- community.
Yes, because this is the WC community. We know what WC stuff looks like. I can definitely see how people who don't might end up liking your model.

You know, I was gonna go for the usual constructive criticism routine, but since you seem to be acting like an asshole towards everyone else for whatever reason, I'll just be frank with you. That thing looks like crap. It's totally hopeless, not to mention that the chances of the Kilrathi having designed such a butt-ugly ship by the year 4000 are next to nonexistant.

Also, I'm sure that whatever background you have for it is just fanboyish crap you've pulled out of your ass, and it's certainly not worth bothering with... so you can either go back to the drawing board, give up, or take that to some other community since this one seems to bother you so much. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time explaining to all the people who actually liked that thing who the Kilrathi are and whatnot.

But hey, it makes for a great B5 ship.

About B5...they are talking about this ship
narnstcr_lg1.jpg

Beside that..is that top or buttom we are looking at?
Where are the clawlike structures, where is the asimetrie that Kilrathi ships have after WC3
If you want to do a WC1+2 like ship then take a closer look at the ships of that timeline.
Lynx has done a great job when he made the Jutland..its a very good excample of how to make ships that look like this or that timeline.

I would say overwork your idea and come back then...well at least I see some things that could be done..and Lynx also posted some ideas for changes...work hard and maybe next time you will come up with something the people will like.

It's hard coming up with a ship for which I have no model data for. I have NO reference for a Kilrathi ship in 2700.

Also, my ship doesn't look anything like that...

mmm... its a lot better than when it started actually... take that, add in some more Centauri and a whole slab of Shadow and you will have an idea.

[pantyman]

Here's a model I made of a Kilrathi ship from the 2900s. You can't see parts of it becuase it"s cloacked.

fucktard.png

People told me this is great so if you dont like it there's something wrong with you and with the rest of this community, hell, you're all assholes so I'll send you insults via PMs and ICQ because I'm a real brave macho guy!

[/pantyman]

(Personally, I miss the days when idiots came up with more interesting things - I"LL WRIP YUOR ASS OFF COLLAGE BOY! anyone?)

Back