Radio Silence, when have you ever used it?

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
I can think of only one practical use for the "maintain silence" order.
In WC3`s final mission while on route to Kilrah, you`ve got 3 wingmates. Everytime you hit a nav point all 3 start yapping about enemies inbound, which takes almost 10 full seconds until you can order them to break and attack.
If they maintain silence, you can order them immediately to do whatever you want (sometimes, delaying their deaths).
Does anyone else NOT take wingmen with you on that last series? I don't choose any. You CAN do that, you know -- choose 0 to 3. That way they don't die. :)

I fly those last missions solo, too. I just don't like watch when my wingmen get themselfs killed when it's possible to avoid that fate.

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
I can think of only one practical use for the "maintain silence" order.
In WC3`s final mission while on route to Kilrah, you`ve got 3 wingmates. Everytime you hit a nav point all 3 start yapping about enemies inbound, which takes almost 10 full seconds until you can order them to break and attack.
If they maintain silence, you can order them immediately to do whatever you want (sometimes, delaying their deaths).

Never thought of that before, but indeed it is true!!
You have to go through all the "enemy spotted" messages before you can tell them to break and attack... :)

But that's just a game limitation, nothing to do with the storyline... :)

Originally posted by redwolf
Death, what is that picture about?

It's just a picture of the Death card from a Tarot card deck, found somewhere on the net. Figured it'd be appropriate, given my nick/handle/whateveryouwanttocallit.

The original:

death.jpg

Radio Silence is very usefull in any 'talking' version of Wing Commander 1 -- your wingmen repeat their lines a tad too quickly.

There were actually more than that rank changed/corrected. You'll see them when people get up a bit higher in rank.

TC

Thanks Death, I couldn't clearly see it before...looked like some weird robot mixed with a Vorlon encounter suit.
Don't ask me why, it just seemed that way :D

Originally posted by redwolf
Mekt, it sounds familiar, yet I think the Kilrathi were already onto you by now in thats stage of the game.

That may be. It has been a long time, like I said. BTW, I only took Flint as wingwoman with me to Kilrah. She really pissed me off the whole game so I thought she would deserve it. By now, I think I would take no one with me, even Flint has some positive aspects...her looks.

Gotta question.

I too, also flew the last missions solo. So, if you choose Flint as your chick-o-choice, and then take her to Kilrah and get her 'killed', what ending do you get? Is she suddenly miraculously saved and sitting in the shuttle beside Blair?

Originally posted by AzraeL
Gotta question.

I too, also flew the last missions solo. So, if you choose Flint as your chick-o-choice, and then take her to Kilrah and get her 'killed', what ending do you get? Is she suddenly miraculously saved and sitting in the shuttle beside Blair?
No, you get the shuttle scene where you return to Earth alone. Flint is "at risk" only once you reach the Kilrah system. Until then, she will always eject and survive; once in Kilrah, if she gets shot down, she dies.

Of course, you can choose her for the last mission, and then send her home. Back when I DID take wingmen with me for the last mission, I noticed that the wingmen tended to die in the order that you chose them, one per leg in the Kilrah System. You could choose her, then send her home when the wingman chosen before her dies.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Is that all? Her looks?

I found her flying not that good and she was quite annoying in the game (disobeys orders, tells Blair how to do his job). That is why I did not like her.

Back