Quick question about Wing Commander IV

My playthrough of the full series is slowly chugging along, and I just got to WCIV for the first time. I'm wondering if something that seems kind of odd is right. If I die in a mission, I hear a voiceover from one of the news broadcasts talking about how Blair just died, but I don't actually see the video, it's just the voice laid over my exploding ship. Is this normal, or is there supposed to be video with this?

For reference, I'm on the GoG version.

My playthrough of the full series is slowly chugging along, and I just got to WCIV for the first time. I'm wondering if something that seems kind of odd is right. If I die in a mission, I hear a voiceover from one of the news broadcasts talking about how Blair just died, but I don't actually see the video, it's just the voice laid over my exploding ship. Is this normal, or is there supposed to be video with this?

For reference, I'm on the GoG version.
Correct, upon death there is no movie, just the V/O of the news anchor. Now if later in the game you are captured after ejection you'll most definitely see a video.

Thanks! I figured it was probably right, since everything else seemed to be working properly, but it was surprisingly hard to find youtube clips of people dying.

Back