Prophecy music

Darkness

Spaceman
I've noticed some Wing commander sites have ripped music from WC3 and WC$ and secret ops... Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the music from Wing Commander Prophecy -music from the third CD...

Thanks.

------------------
www.crystalroutes.com/sanctuary

Hey Darkness try downloading Cobalt60#-Prophecy ending credits

Its awesome you know you must download that super cool song!
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I saw that link before. However I don't think those are the ones i need. Yopu know when you fly the missions in CD 3, I want that orchestral track... thanks though.
smile.gif

To Bad EA doesn't sell a sound tracks CD.....make all our lives easier, and happier too
biggrin.gif

That, it would! Origin did release a few soundtrack CDs called Origin`s Audio CD vol. x (where x stands for I, II, III), and I did look for some of them, especially vol. III, which should contain some tracks from WC3, but I`m not really sure. Anyway, I couldn`t find it and I gave up.
I wonder if George Oldziey ever relased his music from Wing Commander on CD. I`d kill to get my hands on such recordings...
frown.gif

Well, I managed to extract some music from WC4 using GAP, and I also found a longer WC4 introduction theme on George Oldziey`s music website, but I couldn`t extract anything from WC3 (original version) or Prophecy. I think I`ll be updating my music archive at Driveway soon, if anyone`s interested.

Mad Hatter said:
Well, I managed to extract some music from WC4 using GAP, and I also found a longer WC4 introduction theme on George Oldziey`s music website, but I couldn`t extract anything from WC3 (original version) or Prophecy. I think I`ll be updating my music archive at Driveway soon, if anyone`s interested.

I'll be watching this post, MH!
Guess what! I have attached my old SB16 into my PC at the office and jazzing it up!
biggrin.gif

TheBLACKLION: EA/Origin did sell Audio CD's but not WC music. They shipped Ultima IX:Ascension Dragon Edition & Gold Edition(?) w/ soundtrack CDs. Used to play Ascension MP3s in my screensaver until I got the WC2.
wink.gif

I'll have that in my cantina, too! - Vaquero

JoeyRP, they did make audio CDs with themes from WC but it wasn`t just WC themes. I remember asking about it a few months back. The only problem with posting the music is that I`ll have to take down a few older themes, unless someone registers to driveway and submits my referer code in the appropriate line, in which case I get an additional 2 MB per registration.
Anyway, SW, GAP is a little program that knows how to search for wav, voc, asf, etc strings in any type of file and then extract them. It`s pretty useful when you don`t know exactly where to look for the music or sound you want, but results are not always perfect. I think the url is http://www.music.ag.ru or http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/electrical/81/samael.html or both.

Glad you could find the D3 music.
I sent George Oldziey an email a few days ago, and asked him if he knew where I could find music from WC. He said he wished he could release the music on CD, but that Origin still holds all the rights for the music, and that he did try to persuade them to release the music on CD. They did not answer him up until now, but there is always hope. Anyway, he promised to post a few themes (not full versions, but still listenable nonetheless). I`ll be keeping an eye on his site, and keep you posted.

Back