Prophecy Frame Rate

ryanchealth456

Chief Petty Officer
I have the GOG version of Wing Commander Prophecy, and the model Upgrade pack. I have tried the FPS editor but can't get it to work. I am stuck at 31 FPS. Anyone else had this issue? I have run as Administrator and even turned off V-Sync but nothing

Thank you. I got it to work. I ended up having to do it at 64 FPS (through some trial and error). For some reason when I set it at 60 I was getting High 30's to low 40's. Started at 70 and worked my way down and 64 gives me pretty consistent 55-60 FPS. Looks so much better. Didn't seem so choppy 20 years ago.

Thank you. I got it to work. I ended up having to do it at 64 FPS (through some trial and error). For some reason when I set it at 60 I was getting High 30's to low 40's. Started at 70 and worked my way down and 64 gives me pretty consistent 55-60 FPS. Looks so much better. Didn't seem so choppy 20 years ago.
Processors and fx cards were a bit slower then ;)

The wcpunl.dll that comes with MUP overwrites the changes my old fps tool makes. Changing the settings in the cfg is the right place to do it now.

60 is a good number. Much higher starts to introduce glitches. Comm voice stuttering, turrets firing before pointing at target, asteroids spinning at ludicrous speed...

It works great. Thank you. Just posted regarding ANOTHER issues. I get to the T'Lan Meth Rendevous and to through the Mission Briefing. It gest to "Downloading Mission Data," and then crashes. No errors or anything. About 2 Computers ago I got it to work by using the Compatibility Mode and Windows XP. Not luck this time. Any ideas?

Is it constantly doing it? Sometimes the MUP has caching issues, but if its constantly happening on that one mission it might point to a different issue.

It would crash 100% of the time. I just reinstalled the MUP but did not click the "High Resolution" Images and now it is working. Have not played through mission yet. Will be doing that right now!

Finished Mission. Re-Installed High Resolution Models and it's working again..........Must be something in that mission my computer does not like

It's not your computer. For me it's the same. The mission "T'lan Meth 4a - Kilrathi Rendezvous" crashes directly after the "Downloading Mission Data ..." screen if I use the models from the MUP. I then switched the DATA.TRE to the original one and the mission runs.

@DefianceIndustries: Maybe there is something wrong with one of the models used in that mission.

It's not your computer. For me it's the same. The mission "T'lan Meth 4a - Kilrathi Rendezvous" crashes directly after the "Downloading Mission Data ..." screen if I use the models from the MUP. I then switched the DATA.TRE to the original one and the mission runs.

@DefianceIndustries: Maybe there is something wrong with one of the models used in that mission.
Yeah I'll dig into it

I'll take a look too. Can you tell me the version of the wcpunl.dll you have? I had found more problems relating to cap ships but not sure if I'd got a release into the MUP.

Will look at fixing up a new version.

Did someone have a save file for T'lan Meth?

There was one other mission that had an issue. I will look it up later but you had to pick between Devastator and a Vampire. The Devastator would not work but the vampire would

WCPunl.dll product version 02.11 (171104? or File version 0.2.11.100. Not really sure what you are looking for but I pulled this from the properties.

For me it's:
File Version: 0.4.1.100
Product Version: 0.4.1 (190816)
Changedate: 18.08.2019

Thanks for your hard work. I really enjoy the new models :) .

Attachments

• t´lan meth4.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 47
Back