Prophecy "Disk Space" problem

Eagle

Spaceman
I just got a new hard drive, put on a clean install of Windows 98 and put Prophecy and all my savegames and history back on. I can load my savegames just fine and can play the missions, but whenever I try and exit the simulator it displays the following error:

File write operation failed. You are probably out of disk space. Please free up some disk space and retry the operation, or quit.

You can then choose to quit or retry. Retry doesn't do anything so you have to quit out of the program. Since this is a new hard drive and I have 22 gigabytes remaining I don't think the problem is being out of disk space.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try re-installing Prophecy... it shouldn't damage your saved games... And it may fix the problem. (Simplest solution, if it doesn't work tell me)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Definitely do a re-install. If all you did was copy the files over, then the registry settings associated with the game weren't preserved. The only reliable way to get them back is to re-install.

Exactly what I was thinking... (Though the registry seems like a stupid way to do settings (hard to edit, easy to mess up) it is a necissary thing in Windows and a normal user never has to touch it... Unless something bad happens..) At least you don't have to do it manually (though I guess you could if you really wanted to....)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Thanks for the help.

OK, I uninstalled the game without having it delete my saves and then reinstalled like you said. No luck, the error is still there. I'm going to try installing it without putting my saves back on so we'll know whether the saves are the problem. I'll post again when I'm done.

I just deleted my scores.sim and that seemed to fix the problem. I guess the file just got corrupted somehow, maybe in my writing it to CD. I had some really good simulator scores and I don't really want to lose them, but it looks like I don't have much of a choice at this point.

If you have any ideas about fixing my scores.sim file post them here - otherwise, I will just try and get them back by playing the sim missions again.

Thanks again.

<TC wonders why it was copied to a CD but really doesn't want to ask ... >

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

I put it on CD with all of my other random game saves and stuff. My computer doesn't have a Zip drive or anything but it does have a CD writer. (In case you were wondering)
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, OK
smile.gif
That's allowed ... (Though don't those save games fit on a floppy... I've never actually tried...)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Back